Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

chose Fisher 3D....

A

Anonymous

Hello. I am new to metal detecting, and after a few weeks of comparing and contrasting, I decided to go with a Fisher 3D. I have used the detector for about a total of 20 hours so far in 3 house yards in town and one hunted out schoolhouse that was built in the late 1800's. So far I have found about $3.00 in clad coins, a ladies ring, 6 wheat pennies, 5 mercury dimes, and 2 indian head pennies both from 1901, a play necklace, a four-leaf clover necklace charm thing, something that looks exactly like a men's wedding band but is not gold, but was about 6 inches deep, and some other various items. I am excited to do more yards in town since everything ( except the ladies ring and one of the indianhead pennies ) was found in town. I have permission to hunt at least 5 more yards, and am checking into seeing who owns 3 vacant lots where houses used to be in order to try to hunt those also. I also have a relative who owns farmland that used to contain a town that was from the late 1800's that I will eventually search. I like the fact that all of the coins sound off in the high coin category, and there is no mistaking whether it is a coin or not. Being my only metal detector, I do not know if other brands would pick up the coins as well or not, but I feel that being a newbie and finding some good finds like this makes me happy with my decision to go with the 3D, especially since I found the ladies ring and the indianhead penny in the schoolyard that has been pretty much cleaned out. So for what it's worth to anyone who is debating about getting a 3D or not, this is my experience with it so far. Thank you. --Tim

Sounds like you made a nice choice Tim. I have the CZ-70 myself and have found it to be an excellent machine. Your progress with the 3D is impressive. Sounds like you have some nice sites and more lined up. I think that old town will be the real treasure trove. You need to hunt that long and hard until you find the sweet spots. For the really deep and nearly lost coins you will have to slow down and really work it. Don't run the sensitivity too high to where you get a lot of falsing as this will be more of a hinderance than a help.

Oh my god, I would be in heaven to have found that much in 20 hours! GOOD JOB I too am new to metal detecting. I've had my EZ-3D about two months. found 112 pennies 2 wheat, 14 dimes, 5 quarters 6 nickles, a ring, small diamond charm, a lot of neat stuff! I love my detector and you will too! best of luck! ronboy44