Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Civil War Train Locks

I found 2 CW train locks on what used to be train tracks... They where back in the woods I am guessing it was a camp. Anyhow they where in clay and I dont know if it is clay or rusty but its orange looking but I was just curious how to go about cleaning these without messing them up? I work at a very well known State Park and we do have Archeologist that do restoration with machines and stuff maybe this would be a good option if they will work with me on it?? Also I do not plan on selling these since its my first relics. they are connected together between a metal piece of some kind... but what would these sell for if anything?

I through out all kinds of stuff last time I was out there but I am going back tomorrow since I now know what i got!!!! WTF did I throw out??? lol And I live right on the tracks too like 50 feet from my house they where the longest train tracks of that time. Also found CW bullet in my back yard woot!!! Too excited now that I finally found something cool and I only been detecting about 3 weeks. No more kiddy parks for me!!!

One more thing I just looked at the exact lock online aparently these locks where used to safegard Payroll boxes.... WTF!!!!!!!!! JACKPOTTTTT and there was a signal right below these that I didnt dig......... Sorry for being such a noob but I jsut started detecting I almost junked these things thinking it was just trash but WTH did I come across Wish me luck tomorrow!!!

Post some pics.

No camera :( Ill try and get my sisters camera tomorrow and Ill post some if I can get in touch with her

I hope no treasure hunting cops try and find me and take my find if I find loads of loot....

We need some :cam: . Get a :cam: Take some :video: lol. Good luck. Look forward to seeing them. cch

Well I went back at about 7:30 this morning and pulled about 10 rail road spikes and a old fire extinguisher... no cache yet... the signal that was under where I found the 2 locks was a metal plate... Its allready about 90-95 degrees here suposed to be 110 today with heat index so Im taking a break for a few... pics when I can get my sisters camera

just looked up the fire extinguisher on ebay its brass nickle 1930's going for 50-250 bucks woot the extinguisher is a "pyrene soda acid fire extinguisher" though the hose is off of mine but it is still at the site I just couldnt get it out because it was under a tree root too me about a half hour to get the extinguisher out...