Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Clear sticker for the control unit.

scott2433

I was wondering if everyone is using the clear sticker that covers the entire face of the control unit (including the buttons)? I didn't notice it in the box when I opened it and there was nothing in the instructions telling you to use it. I hunted with it for about 90 minutes and the buttons were a little dirty so I cleaned them up but I really don't want to have to do that every time I use it. Thanks guys.

Scott

scott2433 said:
I was wondering if everyone is using the clear sticker that covers the entire face of the control unit (including the buttons)? I didn't notice it in the box when I opened it and there was nothing in the instructions telling you to use it. I hunted with it for about 90 minutes and the buttons were a little dirty so I cleaned them up but I really don't want to have to do that every time I use it. Thanks guys.

Scott

I use a clear plastic protector for the screen and a control box cover, so the remote stays dirt free.

I put it on mine. Makes the buttons a little harder to push but not too bad.

I used the one that was in the box. I started on the button end, pushing the plastic into the buttons, and worked up. They are a little harder to push but the insurance is worth the price.

I use it too and yes makes the buttons a little harder to push, worth the protection though.

I use Invisible Shield on my display portion only, not on the buttons (even though as flexible as it is, it would probably do fine).

I also cut a piece to cover my entire headphone controller surface to prevent any scratches.

I used this material on my ETrac and after 3.5 years it finally showed some scratch marks. They sent me a replacement cover for free and when I removed the old one to replace it, my machine still looked brand new.