Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil cover

Donut

Could someone post a closeup picture of the 9” concentric coil with protective scuff cover on it and without it on. Somehow I may have a spare I think and don’t know why and I’m afraid to pull to hard on the one that is on it , the spare one I have I think in no way will fit over the one I think I already have on it .
Thanks /Doug

No pics, but if the cover is off you should have no trouble seeing that the bottom of the coil is epoxy filled (glassy smooth & shiny). If the cover is off you should also see a "lip" that the cover would snap on to.
If the cover is on, then there will be a ledge a ¼" up from the bottom, and the bottom edge will have a slight radius (not squared sharply).

If you can post a decent pic of your coil from the side, we can probably tell you if the cover is on or not.

Ok thanks I just looked . It did have a cover on it , I must have ordered one years ago being a new at detecting thinking I needed one . Yep I can see the flat epoxy bottom with the snap over lip with the bottom of the coil with the 1/4” lip . I:must have had that cover laying around for about 12 years .
Thank You; your friend Doug

Wondering why

Not a bad practice. It keeps a lot of the fine dirt from collecting in there that would necessitate removing the cover to clean out.

Ok that make ore scence and is a good idea

I have pulled covers off of coils and found a lot of sand in them that affects the computer sometimes the tape is a good idea on mine I seal it with a bead of sealant

You are absolutely correct, I have seen sand pour out from behind mine .

Donut said:
You are absolutely correct, I have seen sand pour out from behind mine .
It can definitely affect GB, so it's a good idea to either seal it up or clean it out regularly.