Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil Ears

morelic1955

I have already seen people putting the ear protectors on their VX coil. The 1st thing I noticed when I un-boxed mine was the thicker coil ears and that the coil bolt screws into the ear on the other side of the coil.
The 1st generation X-Terra had some problems with this, I repaired a couple that I bought cheap, but I never broke one myself. People must be using them like a cane or a weed wacker to break them!

Shortly after buying my 705 I was detecting in a park where the ground was very hard. I was having a hard time getting my digger to penetrate the ground so I hit it with my machine about six or eight times. Imagine my shock when I found that the coil ears had broken right through the center of the bolt hole. I don’t get it, I didn’t use that much force.🙄

Shortly after buying my 705 I was detecting in a park where the ground was very hard. I was having a hard time getting my digger to penetrate the ground so I hit it with my machine about six or eight times. Imagine my shock when I found that the coil ears had broken right through the center of the bolt hole. I don’t get it, I didn’t use that much force.🙄
Moral of the story: Don't use it for a hammer! :)------One of the coil ears broke on a brand new Xterra I had.----I called Minelab & told them about it.----The Minelab guy told me that my wife must have been beating me with it.-----I told him---no, she hadn't been beating me with it---we had JUST STARTED using the thing. :)-----They replaced it immediately---that was the only trouble I ever had with coil ear breakage on the earlier Xterras.