Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil

D&P-OR

Has anyone used the Omega 10" concentric coil on the G2?-----If so, how did it perform?----Is there ANY advantage in using that coil on the G2 versus the 5" DD or stock 11" DD?-----The Greek series coils (at least in the DD's) are inter-changable with the GBSE/G2.---Not sure about the concentrics.-------No guesses now--does anyone have any (concrete) info on this?---------Del

I don't but Steve has a coil for his F70 maybe he will chime in on this. Steve please tell us if that coil works on your new detector.

Ken----Thanks for your response but I'm not talking/asking about the Fisher "F" series coils.----I'm referring to the Tek "Greek series" coils. (in particular, the Omega 10" concentric--for use on the G2).---------There has been a lot of talk about the "F" series coils (F-75 & F-70) for use on the G2 and Omega.----I believe Dave J. cautions about purchasing ANY the "F" coils for use on the GBSE, G2 or "Greek series" detectors (Alpha, Delta, Gamma or Omega).-------I joke a lot about testing but am actually a "stickler" on coil & detector tests.-------Here's what I found out quite awhile ago & results of my tests on the above mentioned detectors/coils.----I used four different coils (2-10" concentrics & 2-11" DD's) off of two of our F-75 LTD's.----I rotated these four coils around on two of our Omegas, testing these four coils on our Omegas.----I didn't think they did too bad on my tests & even hunted with them on the Omegas (coin hunts & with fair results).----------BUT, when I purchased two Tek 11" DD coils (for the Omegas) and tested them (on the Omegas) against the two Fisher 11" DD coils (on the Omegas), the Tek coils gave FAR better performance on the Omegas than the Fisher coils (including better tonal "hits" AND depth).-----WHY??---Because the Tek coils are designed for optimal performance on the Tek machines and the Fisher F-75/70 coils are designed for optimal performance on the Fisher machines.----It DOES make a difference---just because they have "like connectors" doesn't mean they are going to give you peak performance.-------I'm goin huntin!!! ;)-----------Del

Do you think that coiltek coils are good ? Thanks for the information Good to know ! :thumbup:

Ken in Georgia said:
Do you think that coiltek coils are good ? Thanks for the information Good to know ! :thumbup:
Ken------My personal opinion--yes most of the coiltek coils are "good" coils---but that's a whole "nuther ballgame" than what we are talking here.----We used coilteks on our big Minelab gold machines in AZ and NV & liked them.------I used a 15" Coiltek on my Explorers and DID NOT like it.---Used the "Joey" coil on my Explorers & liked it, that was a nice little (effective) coil.---------Del

D&P-OR said:
Ken in Georgia said:
Ken------My personal opinion--yes most of the coiltek coils are "good" coils---but that's a whole "nuther ballgame" than what we are talking here.----We used coilteks on our big Minelab gold machines in AZ and NV & liked them.------I used a 15" Coiltek on my Explorers and DID NOT like it.---Used the "Joey" coil on my Explorers & liked it, that was a nice little (effective) coil.---------Del I got to thinking about it and the coils we used on the Minelab gold machines were "Nugget Finder" coils (not Coilteks)--it's been awhile. :tongue:--They were good coils also.---We used the Coilteks on the Explorers.----------Del

Del, When I had My Omega, I tried the 10 stock coil on my G2 and was not really impressed with it, just no depth. I also pluged it into my GBSE Version 29 and it just made a siren noise, did not want to work. I'm perfectly happy with the 11" Biaxial coil on both the G2 & GBSE. If they were to release the 15" that is for the G2, well, I might give it a try.............Mark

new coil for the G2 and other similar models.

Yes, I know the intention behind the Gold Bug Pro and G2 model designs, and that Dave J. said they were intended to be used only with the DD coils. My original G2 evaluation made it up to 3930 views and many of the e-mails I have received since I posted it on 10/30 had questions about the use of the concentric coils. I mentioned in it that I used all of the Greek series coils and they worked okay.

For the most part, and due to the detector's design and quick processing and response, there are definitely reasons why I like the 11" and 5" DD coils, however I did okay with the Omega's elliptical 10' concentric. A big talked about function of the G2/Gold Bug pro is the very brisk response and recovery, and that is partly credited to the use of the narrow scan of the Double-D design. The concentric coil design has its strong points as well, such as being better at discriminating and better side-approach coverage when working an area.

The round 8" concentric worked, but since I liked the 10" elliptical concentric on my Omega I did use it more than the 8". It worked OK for me in some of the places where I used it, and I liked the 9