Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coin shooting with the G2+

I’ve done it with the gold bug pro. It doesn’t have notch or iron volume features but has v-break. I have run the v-break up to say 75 or so and dig all non ferrous tones. The g2 doesn’t lose any depth doing this. It really was pretty good with a 13” coil getting those 8” whisper coins. Sadly these machines won’t go much beyond that with any coil using disc mode. The stock coil would be an ok choice it still gets 8” coins and separates good. The solid ID let’s them be an ok coin shooter.

Try this setup.

I have used it and it works very well on US coins. You could lower the upper V break to include the lower conductive IHPs.

I’ve done it with the gold bug pro. It doesn’t have notch or iron volume features but has v-break. I have run the v-break up to say 75 or so and dig all non ferrous tones. The g2 doesn’t lose any depth doing this. It really was pretty good with a 13” coil getting those 8” whisper coins. Sadly these machines won’t go much beyond that with any coil using disc mode. The stock coil would be an ok choice it still gets 8” coins and separates good. The solid ID let’s them be an ok coin shooter.
thank you will give it a try

I got the G2+ recently and have used an F19 for years. I sometimes use settings very similar to IowaRelic to hunt for clad and old coins in moderate trash. I'll set volume at 10 to silence iron and then push v-break to 69. I like to have the 70's range totally open because a large cent will often ID anywhere in that range (below copper pennies). The v-break low tone is very easily distinguishable from the high conductor tone on these machines so it makes it super easy to pick up coins. I mostly hunt with no v-break, no notch, zero discrimination and volume at 10 to find other lower conductive metals above iron but after a few hours of this and digging much trash, I'll turn the v-break on to get coins fast and reject almost everything else.

I got the G2+ recently and have used an F19 for years. I sometimes use settings very similar to IowaRelic to hunt for clad and old coins in moderate trash. I'll set volume at 10 to silence iron and then push v-break to 69. I like to have the 70's range totally open because a large cent will often ID anywhere in that range (below copper pennies). The v-break low tone is very easily distinguishable from the high conductor tone on these machines so it makes it super easy to pick up coins. I mostly hunt with no v-break, no notch, zero discrimination and volume at 10 to find other lower conductive metals above iron but after a few hours of this and digging much trash, I'll turn the v-break on to get coins fast and reject almost everything else.
thanks for the info