Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coin slaying with the G2+

dfmike

The result of 2 separate recent hunts. I'm not sure if Fisher Labs did something to the firmware of the F19/G2+ since their first year of production but I can't recall finding so many Canadian clad in so little time. For some reason it seems to be easier on the more recent G2+ than on my 2014 F19. Recent quarters, dimes and nickels are a challenge for many detectors but with the G2+ and the MGC 5 X 8 it seems relatively easy to sniff them out. Easier than any detector I have owned so far. I know this place has been hunted before so either they only picked up the high conductor targets or their detectors were lousy at picking up CAD clad. No old finds this time except for a lead figurine that could be a soldier. I found a few near this area in the past. I also found a cool looking ring at an unwavering ID of 52 on the detector. No markings. Certainly not silver and too low to be white gold at this size and weight. Stainless perhaps ?

I hope you guys won't mind me posting findings with the Teknetics here. I figure the F19 and G2+ are the same machine by the same company and since there is more action in this forum, more people could see my posts and find them useful perhaps.

Attachments

• sep001.jpg
    sep001.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 119
  • sep002.jpg
    sep002.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
The result of 2 separate recent hunts. I'm not sure if Fisher Labs did something to the firmware of the F19/G2+ since their first year of production but I can't recall finding so many Canadian clad in so little time. For some reason it seems to be easier on the more recent G2+ than on my 2014 F19. Recent quarters, dimes and nickels are a challenge for many detectors but with the G2+ and the MGC 5 X 8 it seems relatively easy to sniff them out. Easier than any detector I have owned so far. I know this place has been hunted before so either they only picked up the high conductor targets or their detectors were lousy at picking up CAD clad. No old finds this time except for a lead figurine that could be a soldier. I found a few near this area in the past. I also found a cool looking ring at an unwavering ID of 52 on the detector. No markings. Certainly not silver and too low to be white gold at this size and weight. Stainless perhaps ?

I hope you guys won't mind me posting findings with the Teknetics here. I figure the F19 and G2+ are the same machine by the same company and since there is more action in this forum, more people could see my posts and find them useful perhaps.

Nice ring, dfmike! Does it fit you?

Good day!!! Could ring be Tungsten Carbide? I found a gold colored one earlier and thought it was real gold, weight and shine etc. Inside stamped Tung Carb so heart sank a bit. But a ring is a ring!!!!!

Wow! Nice haul Mike,
My g2+ is my primary ghost town rig but, looks like I need to try some coin shooting at my local parks with it!
Just ordered a Gamma 6000 last week as it seemed a bit more suited for parks, and thought a 7.7 kHz rig would add some variety 🙂.

Nice ring, dfmike! Does it fit you?
Unfortunately no. According to my printed chart, it seems like either a size 8 or 8.5. I can almost get it to fit my little finger but not quite. It's 5.4 grams.

Good day!!! Could ring be Tungsten Carbide? I found a gold colored one earlier and thought it was real gold, weight and shine etc. Inside stamped Tung Carb so heart sank a bit. But a ring is a ring!!!!!
I'm really not sure but I'm more on the side of stainless. I think tungsten would hit higher on the ID. This one is in the middle of the foil range on the G2+. In any case it looks so much better in reality than in that picture. It looks new as if the person wearing just bought it and dropped it.

Wow! Nice haul Mike,
My g2+ is my primary ghost town rig but, looks like I need to try some coin shooting at my local parks with it!
Just ordered a Gamma 6000 last week as it seemed a bit more suited for parks, and thought a 7.7 kHz rig would add some variety 🙂.
I had an F5, an Omega 8000 and an F44 at one time. Great detectors in their own right and proven excellent on old copper and silver coins but I'd choose the 19kHz Fisher machines for our modern steel and nickel clad anytime over the lower freq machines.

I also feel nothing works better in the iron littered/highly mineralized ghost towns than the F-19/g2 platform..... (Yes I have even owned a NOX). This NW AZ dirt is unreal! Very lucky to get past 5”!
The parks in my area are 1880’s era so am hoping for some older coinage so the lower frequency machine seemed to make the most sense for me.
Just have to hope emi issues aren’t too bad with new machine as my g2+ is impervious to it...

Can’t say enough about FT 19khz. I will be sad when I part with the Time Ranger Pro here in a few weeks. Gold bug Pro back on duty.
Real nice batch of finds there, dfmike.