Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coinstrike question nobody asked?

u2robert

I have been reading all I can on the Coinstrike and the question I can't find an answer to is this the coin$ has a salt mode S1 yet it's a single frequency detector 7khz I've read. I have detected the wet sand/salt at the beaches in Florida for years the detector of choice for me is/was the Fisher CZ lineup which works very well in wet sand /salt I have also used the Explorer 2, Excalibur2, all fine salt water machines. but I have also tried single frequency machines and none ran stable enough to detect wet sand/salt so how does the single frequency Coinstrike work in wet sand if it's only single frequency?

Based on my total non knowledge of the detector, I would suspect that it has a function similar to the “black sand” toffee on the IDX Pro. If this is the case, it shifts the discrimination range downwards to included the very low phase shift of wet salt.

This series of machines was designed, I believe by a Bulgarian employee of Fisher - Ditimar (I think) - Good engineer by all accounts, but not especially well versed in the realities of dirtfishing.

Yes well made unit, so what I will do is take it to the coast in the next week or so and let everyone know how it operated in wet sand/salt.

the front end (transmit) is cut back a little to make it more stable
It does help some in salt to run what is called a "double ground balance" too.

George Paine may have originated it. (some units were set slighty negative in the motion mode-especially preset ones)
Ground balance the detector bobbing it to set the AM (stat) mode and try to get it set proper. Unless you are experiencing falsing, do not set it slightly positive.
(the discriminate mode is tied to that reference point)
When I refer to a double ground balance what I do is I add some very slight iron disc. to account for mineral (as opposed to being wide open.)
You can adjust the amount some to vary results. (you can add more to offset wet salt effect-and aid stability)
Charles Garrett has written on this (and Monte has also here on Finds.)