Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Colorado Ghost Towns

Charles B

I'll be listing these towns by county in alphabetical order so they are easier to find. If there is a particular county that you are interested in, give me a shout and I'll get it posted for you ASAP.

Or.....

If you're in another state that I haven't gotten to yet and you just have to have some new info....let me know....I'll be glad to help you out.

:beers:
Cheers
H.Charles Beil
Treasure Writer

ABAAR, Yuma County, Colorado

On SH 59, 20 miles south of Yuma, which is on US 34 midway between Ft. Morgan and the Nebraska state line. Originally settled in 1922 as Brownsville. The name changed a year later.

S Sec line 25/26, T2S, R48W, 6PM (Sixth Principal Meridian & 40

ANIMAS FORKS, San Juan County, Colorado

Former silver mining town is a class C ghost located 4.4 miles north of Eureka, which is 9.5 miles northeast of Silverton. Four-Wheel-Drive-Road ONLY. Was active from 1870s through early 1900s. Once had over 1000 people.

NW

BENT'S OLD FORT, Otero County, Colorado

Located just west of the county line, north of the Arkansas River and south of SH 194, eight miles northeast of La Junta, which is on US 50, 64 miles southeast of Pueblo. This class C/F trading post was established in 1829 by William & Charles Bent. It burned in 1855 and was reconstructed in 1976 as part of the nation

BOGGSVILLE, Bent County, Colorado

This class C cattle town is just off SH 101, three miles south of Las Animas and east of the Purgatoire River. A number of old buildings and rubble remain. Kit Carson is said to have once lived here.

SW

BUCKSKIN JOE, Park County, Colorado

On north side of Buckskin Creek, two miles west of Alma, which is on SH 9, 5.7 miles northwest of Fairplay. This is the real town, not to be confused with Fremont County's tourist town of the same name. The first gold was discovered in 1859, and by 1861 the town had 5000 people. Between 1862-1866 it was the county seat.

SE

CADDOA, Bent County, Colorado

Along the Arkansas River, the first site of this town dates to 1888. In the 1940s it was flooded when the John Martin Reservoir was built. It was located several miles north of Caddoa (second site). The second site is nearly abandoned, with only a few people still holding out. It had a population of 35 in 1990. Located on the BNSF Railroad about 15 miles east of Las Animas.

SECOND SITE:

Ctr (Center) Sec 13, T23S, R50W, 6PM
Latitude: 38.0477853 / 38

CRYSTAL CITY, Gunnison County, Colorado

500 people once lived in this 1880s silver-mining town located five miles east of Marble, which is 7.3 miles southeast of SH 133 at a point 4.1 miles south of Redstone.

NE