Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Commemorative Spoon

bigfootokie

Had two fun hunts this weekend but did not find much to brag about. I really enjoyed both hunts and did make two new friends on Saturday during a Relic hunt in a really cool area.

This commemorative spoon handle is silver plated copper and has a beautiful patina. It broke up during recovery because of the incredibly hard and dry ground we were hunting in plus the thinner parts of the spoon had deteriorated significantly.

It has great detail and is inscribed with "Sept 9" above "1850" and an Eagle above a Beehive. This date is when Utah became a US Territory, and Utah is called the "Beehive State" so I'm quite positive it is from that era. The back has a floral design above a US flag with 9 stars.

100_1060_zps85d79830.jpg

100_1065_zps3af6262a.jpg

These are all my finds for Saturday.

100_1071_zps1ad6bec3.jpg

100_1073_zpsddb27e2b.jpg

Thats a nice find with real history.

Have yoo looked for the rest of it?

I ask because my pal found the handle end of a silver one with a hallmark which dated it to the late 1700`s.

2 years later 30 yards away I found the stem and bowl which a silversmith fused together again.:thumbup: Jerry.

JBM said:
Thats a nice find with real history.

Have yoo looked for the rest of it?

I ask because my pal found the handle end of a silver one with a hallmark which dated it to the late 1700`s.

2 years later 30 yards away I found the stem and bowl which a silversmith fused together again.:thumbup: Jerry.

I did recover the stem and small parts of the spoon. The stem is in the picture with all my finds and is marked "Interstate Silver Co." I wish it was in better condition, but I think the site was bulldozed many years ago and a lot of the finds there have been mangled.