Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compadre + Cleansweep = Awesome

spellman

I just made a trade deal on a golden umax and a cleansweep coil. I put the cleansweep coil on my compadre. I feel the golden would do better with the 5.75 coil. I added coil connectors to my compadre when I first got it this is the first time I've actually changed the coil. Anyway I took the compadre and the golden to a school today to try them out. I never used the golden cause I was having too much fun with the compadre and cleansweep. I had to remove the cover and ground balance the compadre with the new coil I was also able to run the sensitivity at 100% with no falsing . This setup works great. I found 2 rings a bracelet a small chain necklace and an earing. Also found around 5$ in clad lots of nickels and quarters. I was actually amazed with the performance I was digging pull tabs at around 7". In the totlot I had to up the disc cause there was an area that I was finding lots of single staples. This thing still loves the uber tiny stuff. I didn't use the compadre much but I definitely will now. Just wanted to let everyone know that the compadre and the cleansweep make a great pair.

It would be nice if Tesoro would give you a choice of coils when ordering the compadre, I think it would boost sales, in fact it would be interesting if you could order one say with any umax coil you wish and for some extra ping adda sense knob . or a ground balance to and that would coast a bit more or maybe a coil conectoer plug so you could use all the umax coils or if you don't have much just order the basic unit . kinda like when ordering from Subway I just want a toasted bun with nothing on it . or you can stack it with every thing. of course their would be a price difference, and the money would have to be paid in advance who knows if you backed out of the sale and they built your costom compadre would someone else want it . so there would have to be some safeguards

Yup a custom compadre would sell like crazy , I know I would have bought one

kaolinwasher said:
It would be nice if Tesoro would give you a choice of coils when ordering the compadre, I think it would boost sales, in fact it would be interesting if you could order one say with any umax coil you wish and for some extra ping adda sense knob . or a ground balance to and that would coast a bit more or maybe a coil conectoer plug so you could use all the umax coils or if you don't have much just order the basic unit . kinda like when ordering from Subway I just want a toasted bun with nothing on it . or you can stack it with every thing. of course their would be a price difference, and the money would have to be paid in advance who knows if you backed out of the sale and they built your costom compadre would someone else want it . so there would have to be some safeguards

I could be wrong but it seems to me that all you need to do is buy a Silver Umax & you would have the same machine as an upgraded Compadre with sens. but no ground balancing feature.....HH....Tab.

I was thinking the same thing, Tab.
Are the disc circuits the same between the Compadre and the Silver?
I seem to recall hearing the Compadre is a bit hotter.

Yep, add a sensitivity control and the ability to change coils and call it the Compadre Pro. Maybe price it mid way between the Compadre and Silver.
Mike

compadre is way different from the standard umax, to bad i don't own all the machines & coals i would do side by side testing H H

kaolinwasher said:
compadre is way different from the standard umax, to bad i don't own all the machines & coals i would do side by side testing H H

I would love to see your testing. You do a great job.

tabman

The Silver U max has the 120 disc circuit and the Compadre has the 180 disc circuit. It is the 180 disc that makes the compadre sooo special (it will find the small gold/low conductor stuff better than most.

jarid said:
The Silver U max has the 120 disc circuit and the Compadre has the 180 disc circuit. It is the 180 disc that makes the compadre sooo special (it will find the small gold/low conductor stuff better than most.

The Silver may only have the 120 disc, but she is sweet in her own way!

Thanks for the report, Spellman. I'm going to put connectors on my Compadre and I'm glad to hear the Cleansweep coil works good on it.

I had read where someone had tried to use the Cleansweep on one and it didn't work for him. Probably the ground balance was the key.

How much depth does it lose when you disc out the staples?

HH
Mike

I have been keeping my disc just above the N in iron and have been digging all good repeatable signals and this setup has really been amazing me. I have been digging dimes at a measured 6" and tabs as deep as 7.5" I went out today and had a blast. I got 3 rings one with an 18k stamp inside. I also got a bunch of clad. Probably close to 10$. Trash yeah I got a bunch of that too but not as bad as usual. I am loving this setup. And once again a Tesoro detector has my expensive detectors collecting dust. Its funny how a little 160$ compadre can keep a almost 2000$ xp deus in the closet. Lol whatever works for the task

I have been keeping my disc just above the N in iron and have been digging all good repeatable signals and this setup has really been amazing me. I have been digging dimes at a measured 6" and tabs as deep as 7.5" I went out today and had a blast. I got 3 rings one with an 18k stamp inside. I also got a bunch of clad. Probably close to 10$. Trash yeah I got a bunch of that too but not as bad as usual. I am loving this setup. And once again a Tesoro detector has my expensive detectors collecting dust. Its funny how a little 160$ compadre can keep a almost 2000$ xp deus in the closet. Lol whatever works for the task at hand.

Thanks Spellman. Looks like a winner to me.

HH
Mike

do you have any Idea how good that is to hit a dime at 6" deep with a clean sweep , do me a favor let me know the places you have already hunted so i don't waist my time ha ha . no really I am impressed,

I was very impressed when I started finding dimes that deep. Every time I got one of the deep dimes I would just laugh and shake my head in disbelief and these are not broken signals Im digging im only digging full signals that are repeatable. The dimes have been full tones but a little softer than most. This coil will probably never come off of the compadre and I can't wait too get it out again.

OhioMike said:
Yep, add a sensitivity control and the ability to change coils and call it the Compadre Pro. Maybe price it mid way between the Compadre and Silver.
Mike

Yep i would buy one ........ Or two

Funny I posted this back in 2013 about my compadre and cleansweep coil, its now 2020 and the cleansweep coil still hasn't come off my compadre and I'm still using it all the time,
got another 2 gold with it this weekend, a 23gram 14k chain, and then a 8gram 14k pendant, this is my most used machine still, had my equinox 800 in my truck and used it for about an hour on both hunts but I'm allways going back to my compadre with cleansweep coil, it goes with me every time I'm out detecting. love it, it has most likely paid for itself 8 times over with gold.