Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

compairing multa kruzer an racer 2

jimmy clark

can anyone that have used both multi kruzer and racer 2, other then the fact that the kruzer is water proof, comment on which one they thank is the one they would keep.

For me, the Racer 2. Here's why:

A.. The only search coils I like to use on these is the 7" concentric for day to daily Coin and Jewelry Hunting, and either the 4,7X5.2 'OOR' DD from the original Racer or the Racer 2's 5" for very dense iron contaminated site. The Racer 2 is better balanced than the Multi-Kruzer.

B.. f I am going to hunt in the rain or work a beach, I'll use my Simplex + which is better balanced. No need for a Multi-Kruzer.

C.. I prefer my corded headphones with a decent ¼" plug location. That's the Racer 2, not the Multi-Kruzer.

D.. I like enough adjustable features and not too many search modes or adjustment functions. The Racer 2 is the better choice for me.

E.. The Racer 2's audio, speaker or headphones, is a much more pleasant audio as I find the Multi-Kruzer to be more of a 'digital' or irritating audio report.

F.. When I have a choice, I prefer 4-AA batteries, Alkaline or NiMH, so the Racer 2 wins, again.

G.. Neither model will match m FORS Relic or FORS CoRe w/smaller coil in the toughest Iron Nail contaminated sites. However, in a pinch, I'd grab the Racer 2 any day over the Multi-Kruzer.

Monte

For me, the Racer 2. Here's why:

A.. The only search coils I like to use on these is the 7" concentric for day to daily Coin and Jewelry Hunting, and either the 4,7X5.2 'OOR' DD from the original Racer or the Racer 2's 5" for very dense iron contaminated site. The Racer 2 is better balanced than the Multi-Kruzer.

B.. f I am going to hunt in the rain or work a beach, I'll use my Simplex + which is better balanced. No need for a Multi-Kruzer.

C.. I prefer my corded headphones with a decent ¼" plug location. That's the Racer 2, not the Multi-Kruzer.

D.. I like enough adjustable features and not too many search modes or adjustment functions. The Racer 2 is the better choice for me.

E.. The Racer 2's audio, speaker or headphones, is a much more pleasant audio as I find the Multi-Kruzer to be more of a 'digital' or irritating audio report.

F.. When I have a choice, I prefer 4-AA batteries, Alkaline or NiMH, so the Racer 2 wins, again.

G.. Neither model will match m FORS Relic or FORS CoRe w/smaller coil in the toughest Iron Nail contaminated sites. However, in a pinch, I'd grab the Racer 2 any day over the Multi-Kruzer.

Monte
After a long time with the multi kruzer I would agree that the simplex can be a replacement for it. Especially when smaller coils drop from NEL.

I’ve always wanted to try the CoRe and the Relic. Especially the Relic. But I swing left handed and you just can’t find them for sale very often....
Monte, of the current Nokta/Makro machines, which is closest in iron performance to the discontinued models? The impact? Does it have fast recovery in DI3 (gain below 90?) like the Kruzer/Anfibio?

After a long time with the multi kruzer I would agree that the simplex can be a replacement for it. Especially when smaller coils drop from NEL.

I’ve always wanted to try the CoRe and the Relic. Especially the Relic. But I swing left handed and you just can’t find them for sale very often....
Monte, of the current Nokta/Makro machines, which is closest in iron performance to the discontinued models? The impact? Does it have fast recovery in DI3 (gain below 90?) like the Kruzer/Anfibio?
I'm right-handed so, maybe, I'm the one who's handicapped.... which is what I call left-handers.

The automated ground bounce button is right at the top of the grip, functional for lefties or righties. On the grip for the index finger is the pinpoint button, properly located for lefties or righties.

The hand grip display shows both the ground phase read out and the Target ID VDI ... which works whether you're left-handed or right handed, left-eyed or right-eyed.

So what controls are left? On the left hand side of the display, is your main adjustment screen and the up down and left right adjustment tactile switches. Those are on the left side. I am right handed so I might be holding the hand grip in my right hand and look at the left side, but I'm not left-handed, especially with the numbness that I have, so it's actually more difficult for this right-hander to make the adjustments on the left side. If you are a lefty all you have to do is move the detector from your left hand to your right hand to hold the hand grip and then, with your left hand that you are useful with, you can easily make the adjustments to all the different settings with the left – right and up – down adjustment switches. It sure seems better for a lefty then for righty because you're never really looking at that screen on the left side unless you were making changes to the different modes and adjustment features.

As for performance, all my life, and that's 56 years of detecting time, I almost always run my detectors at full sensitivity unless there is a need to reduce it for EMI. By full, I mean full or very close to. For example, my two tone is saved at 95 sensitivity as are my beach mode and others. My 3 tone is saved at 99 and I very seldom reduce it.

I did a number of comparisons using both an Indian Head Cent and a capped bust half dime and nails. I used the small coil on my CoRe and 5" on my Relic, and compared them with the factory 5" on the Racer 2, Impact, Multi Kruizer, and Anfibio Multi. All of the other models using similar or same modes and settings worked .... however, they did not work as well as my CoRe or Relic.

Monte