Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compare THESE ??

resident

Hey I took my time to get the details and specifications for each one of these metal detectors that are in my price range.
Some prices may not be too accurate, SO if you can help or fix the prices that would be helpfull.

1. Can you give me a top 5 list from these, and then one from your own.
What do you recommend, what should I get.
I live in MIAMI FLORIDA< so I will be hunting in the beach sand alot, I don't need a waterproof one, but if theres a good deal for one that would be nice. Let me know
Thanks

Famous Trails D2 Metal Detector-waterproof search coil $143

The Famous Trails D2 is one of the best selling units in the US today. The reason this unit is so popular is because of several key factors: accuracy, depth perception capabilities, ease of use and value. Coupled with these features, it

GET the ACE 250 handdown,you can't buy a better detector for the money.
I like my XL PRO and M6 I also have a Classic and Prizm.
But The ACE 250 is the BEST for the money.
All you need yo do is read anything on the net and it is all gooood on the ACE 250.The big plus is you can always sell it and get most of your money back.
The next big plus is the ACE 250 is a very good backup detector.

I agree with Clondike Clad on the Ace 250 as it is a good detector for the money, most can be got for around $200.
I would say 95% of the ones you listed are toys, made in China or not worth taking home as you want a detector that will do the job for you, not one that cant go deeper than 2 or 3 inches and can ID worth a darn as you will get disappointed and put the detector on a yard sale.
The Used Garrett 500 is a OK one and a older detector, but I feel the new $250 will be better. The Bounty hunters are OK too, but the Quick Draw of the Lones Star would be the only ones you listed I would consider or even go to the higher priced ones as they may be built cheap, but they do the job. The Whites Prizm 3 I hear is not too bad either, but the rest would be a waste of money I feel.
Bottom line for a lower priced detector the Garrett Ace 250 is the best buy for a Target ID detector and for a non metered detector the Tesoro Compadre is hard to beat.

Rick

Thanks alot

VLF not for black sand or Salt Water, better for land
PI for salt water beaches, not great for land
some VLF do both but more expensive

From you guys I got this list, the most recommended from top order.
BH Qucik Draw II
Garrett Ace 250
Discovery 3300
BH lonestar
Whites Prizm II or III

Thanks alot

I decided to buy the Discovery 3300 at Radio Shack.
I just called the closest one to my house, like 3 blocks away, and they have one left in stock.
I will go before they close and pick it up. Its $199.97 plus tax.

You guys made my decision very easy.
Plus I read alot of great reviews on it all around.
Thanks, and I will post here often.
thanks again

LEO 037