Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Comparison coil hunting

Dancer

Find a new machine that really fits your needs. First thing pops into our heads, gotta get a smaller/larger coil. Meanwhile our last world beater sits with 2-3 coils at home. I've been hunting with a new Analog machine (Standard) coil. I also take my trusty old screen machine with it's deadly 5x8 coil. Fooling around changing coils while hunting is a drag on time. So it's a good way to compare the machines in the wild. I bet most everyone already does something like this.
Myself I keep 4 machines, if I find a new keeper, some one gets released from the team.

Depends upon what your hunting for and the ground conditions. You tend to favor one coil over another for a particular detector. But, you always seem to have an extra or two coils kicking around for other conditions you may run into. In the past many detectors came with one or two coils. Smaller and a larger for coins and relics. These days many detectors come with a coil size that may or may not be ideal for the owner. So your stuck until a different size coil is made. Hopefully the size and choice of DD or concentric. Right now I have a great detector sitting here with two coils, for me are a wrong size and type for most hunting I do. I have to look at another detector and coil to fill that gap. Funny thing is I seem to go back to an older machine(s) that do have the proper size and type of coil.