Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Concentric coil for E-Trac

WV62

I am wondering if anybody knows if there is a concentric coil made for the E-Trac?
Also wondering how well they work if there is such a coil?

I went online and really couldn't find anything but info on DD coils.

Ron in WV

Detech used to make a concentric it was called Detech excelerator. I have seen used ones for sale. John

I had never seen one, i used to run Detech coils on my Etrac, and the Excelerator coils that I had seen or have has were DD coils.

I had been told the FBS was designed for DD and Concentric would not work.

Just my knowledge, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for the comments, it's not looking good for a concentric coil for the E-Trac.
I have several good DD coils, a 5", the 8x6 really good coil, the stock 11" and the 13" ultimate.
For the amount of trash I am hunting in around here the 8x6 butterfly coil getting the most used. It has pretty good depth as well as target separation.

Ron in WV

Believe it or not, John is right...Detech DID make an 8” concentric coil for FBS. Apparently it worked like poo. I believe the reason for that was it was just too much signal for the machine to effectively process, and you did have to reduce sensitivity to make it speak correctly. A lot of people mistake their ROUND DD coils for Concentric coils because,well...they’re ROUND. But they’re still a DD configuration. Coils like the “SEF” or “butterfly” coils have a larger “aperture”...a larger line of sight down the center compared to a DD of the same size.
Since we’re on the subject of what coils might rock and which might not, the Sunray X-8 is the “tighest“ and most accurate coil I have ever used on any machine...period. I wish they made such a thing for the CTX, that machine really needs a “mid” coil, and not one of the boat anchor Coilteks either.

Well that stinks,
Thanks all, I will just work with what I have.

Ron in WV