Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CoRe Vs Racer Vid..

Keith Southern

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVLl54rfYXQ&list=UUKE-CYO_3G59P3_mCqT4OKQ[/video]

Keith

In DI2 running Sens that high they are chatty but still offer audio intelligence...

DI3 takes all the chatter away....even on high sens..but slightly drops off in depth...

DI2 is the all out go and get it mode...

DI3 is the be selcetive in trash mode.

Keith

Great video, I compared your video on the 10 inch dime with the Makro Racer to your other videos ..The F-19 and The F75; seems like all the machines hit about the same on the dime. For the money seems like the Racer is one heck of a deal:)

Keith, I really appreciate your videos but I wish you wouldn't change the settings so much especially Freq. and sensitivity. I understand using these to get the machine a little bit quieter but when you don't use the same settings on both detectors it doesn't seem like a fair comparison. just my opinion sorry and please don't take this the wrong way. I know you are shooting for maximum depth while trying to be stable but I rather see a turn on and go setting with equal sens. of 70, 50 or what ever is the most stable. I'm kind of curious also if the fors 50 is = to the racers 70 or why they have a different turn on and go sens. level.

Thanks again.

Il promise you if you did not have one or the other they are equal...

you would only notice slight minute things if you had both in your hands ..it boils down to more or less ergonomics...

Heck their both on different freqs anyways >>

And Ive never found changing freq causes perfromance loss on them as long as you re ground bal...

For some reason my CoRe runs best on freq 2 around here EMI wise.. So I have it saved there...

But yes I will try and do a test Stock Vs Stock when get a chance..

Im so busy it may take awhile.. maybe this weekend...

Keith

Thanks Keith. I trust you. I just bought a fors and my son is wanting to go along with me. I can afford to buy a racer but not another fors right now. My best friend came over tonight and fell in love with my fors but he is in the same shoes as far as only being able to afford the racer. He was watching your videos and thought that the racer seemed a little chatty almost as bad as his F75 version1. I explained to him that you were running it hot for depth purposes. But he thought you were doing some trickery to get the racer to act like the Fors. I promised him you weren't. Thanks again and I appreciate what you have done so far.

Scott

The reason the Racer seems more chatty is that above the 70 startup setting alot of audio amp is employeed...on the Core above 50 more gain is employeed but not as much audio amp....

So on the Racer what happens when you go above say 70 or so is the depth really does not get much better but the volume does .. and things start amplifying to the point of depth perception is gone...

On the Core as ypou go above the factory 50 seting things go up in the gain department but not much in the audio amp till higher up[ the scale ..in other words the CoRe keeps modualtion as the gain is turned up till the last bit then its saturates and gets noisy..

Just small things done different....

I could make the Racer pretty quite and still keep depth on a setting of say 75...

No trickey I assure you I have nothing to gain or loose...

its just the sens settings are not linear to each other..

But I assure you I was completely unbiased in the testing..

Heck there the same company. hard to pit one aganst the other when their the same tech...I dont

Keith

good video, keith, if you could only have the core or racer, regardless of price, which would it be, and why?

ncwayne said:
good video, keith, if you could only have the core or racer, regardless of price, which would it be, and why?

Add on question to the quote above.

If you already have the FORS CoRe, is there a reason to get the Racer other than ergonomics?

If you have a CoRe no need for the racer Unless you need heads up display..

If I did not have either I would opt for the Racer..

Keith..

Keith, are you still feeling the Racer grip angle to be tiring/stressing on the forearm or have you gotten "use to it" or found a way to reduce the stress?

I still feel it Wayne...

Ive started sliding my hand all the way to the top of the grip and it alleviates some pull on the forearm but also feels crammed doing that.. ....

Whats funny the Racer manual shows a Lazy S ...Like the CF77 style...and I wonder if that simple angle reduction would fix all..I know the Cf77 is heavier but swings well...Might not even take as a dramtic of a lazy design as the CF has to alleviate things...

Again its not a deal breaker but just being honest with what I feel..and for the machine to be a brand new ground up build and to really come off without a hitch I think says something about their approach to quality

I still will give it time ..I know the designers are tweekers...

Keith