Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cortes and Deleon, Are these two the same on performance?

A

Anonymous

Hello,
Just made a trade and should be receiving the deleon next week,Other than the large LCD Display. What other features does the Deleon have the Cortes doesn't.
Looking forward to visiting this site more in the future since I'm a soon to be TESORO owner.
HH, Paul (Ca)

Paul,
Actually, the Cortes has more features than the DeLeon. It is true that the DeLeon's display is larger - that is in part because it does not provide as much information. They share the same circuitry as far as discrimination and depth goes. Both are great machines. You will be happy with the DeLeon.
Pete James
Awardmasters Metal Detectors

I'm looking forward to using this machine in the demo areas or arounf iron sites.
Thanks again,
paul

I have both of these great machines and it is often hard to decide which is the backup. The Cortez has a manual ground balance in all metal and you can tweak it a little better in mineralized soil. It also has a backlight for the display which I use a lot this time of year when it gets dark early.The Cortez also has a notch mode which I never use and an LED battery level bar. And it has a SUM mode which is a multi tone target identifier. I really don't use it much, always dig if it is questionable. I recently sent the Deleon back to the company for a "tune up" and it may be the better machine right now. (Excellent service, you will always be glad you bought a Tesoro). When the ground gets too hard to dig the Cortez will go in as well. I use the standard 8x9 coil on the Deleon and a 7" on the Cortez. Both works very well for their intended purpose. Summary, the Cortez may have a few more bells and whistles but I think the performance is equal. I can work the smaller coil better in trashy areas and I think that the 8x9 id's targets just a little better. And everybody with those other machines wants to see what it feels like to swing a "light" machine. Good hunting to ya!

Don't be frustrated in trashy sites when your machine chirps and id's all over the place. Turn your sensitivity down until it settles out. I often have to go down to 3 or so in some of the areas I hunt. I may lose a little depth but I pull up some good targets that others miss.