Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cortes sum mode question...

A

Anonymous

I have been using and greatly enjoying my Cortes for several months now, but recently I read a post about the "sum mode". I was under the impression that the sum mode used the multi-tones (starting low & gradually increasing in pitch) not to audibly ID the target, but to let you know by the fact it had reached a steady pitch, what was the averaged scanned info., and the you read it's best guess from the display. In the other post (can't remember how long ago) it seemed to be implied the tones actually help identify the target with a audio ID (sort of like the Golden umax) Low for iron up to high for good stuff (ie. silver coins) What do ya'll think?
HTH (Happy Thanksgiving Hunting!)
Mark in NC

Mark, This is how I use my Cortes to help me identify the target.
<span style="background-color:#ffff00;">In the other post (can't remember how long ago) it seemed to be implied the tones actually help identify the target with a audio ID (sort of like the Golden umax) Low for iron up to high for good stuff (ie. silver coins) What do ya'll think? </span>
When I "sum" if I get a low iron tone I keep on going. If I get a decent higher tone, I "dig." The Cortes is quick & simple. My favorite "buddy" tool is my Treasure Mate pinpointer. My recovery time is much faster.
HH
Carol