Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

cost to recharge AA 2400mAh batteries

Picketwire

Here are the cost to charge 8 2400mah rechargeable batteries: To charge, at 80% efficiency, it will take about 3.5 amp hours to fill from completely empty. With the cost of electricity at 11 cents per kWh the cost would be $.003 for 8 AA batteries or 3/10ths of one cent. I am sure alkaline AAs last a long time but... And if you think low voltage would be a problem, hook up a TENS machine with 2 AAA batteries to your sore muscles, turn it way up, and see if you can't shock the heck out of yourself. I started using rechargeable batteries many years ago in digital slr cameras because the Pentax manual said that although the alkaline batteries supplied with the camera would do for the setup, they would not support the daily use of the camera. The earlier batteries would drain just sitting there about the same rate as I was using the camera. I would try to replace my AAs with the ones that I charged last and they would be flat too. With the newer low self discharge AAs, that has never been a problem and they are pretty much equal to alkaline batteries in amp hour ratings. And, I have never ever had one leak. I had duracell batteries leak that were never used.

Going to have to look at my Fisher manual…….