Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Counterweight for my Equinox

Spent some time in the shop this weekend. Wanting to build a nice counterweight for my Nox 600 stock shaft. It's all metal with a very durable rubber cover. I'm not even sure what the weight is as I have no scale. However, what a huge difference it makes in balance and comfort. While testing things out I used a wrap of black tape to keep it secure which is probably all that's needed. However once completed. I drilled a small hole and installed a tiny sheet metal screw.

woody said:
Excellent idea. Never thought about the way you did it.

Thanks. I used to make knives so I have a lot of tools and materials still in my shop. I like to tinker with things like this.

Another way to do it, is use a length of tube that will slide into the handle tube. Take the counter weight tube section and fill it with molten lead. Then slide it into the handle tube and drill two holes for the arm rest screw to pass thru.

What can happen if the counterweight extends past the handle, when swing the coil back and forth, it takes more wrist strength to stop the coil for a return swing. Depends upon the detectors weight and how strong a person is. And if the person has any wrist or elbow aliments.

Anything you can do to make a detector feel and handle better to your own personal liking is a big plus. Good work.

I have Steve’s Carbon fiber upper shaft with the counter weight that I can Chang the shot bags inside that I can
change depend in the coil I’m using.
I really like it and it has increased my detecting time.
No more sore arms, back, shoulders and wrist.
It works so well that I have to unscrew my counter weight when I use the 11” in water because between the
water and waves I can’t keep it on the bottom. You can’t have mine, lol
Doug