Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Couple of T-2 questions for ya...

Mark in NC

First of all, has anyone noticed any depth loss with elevated discrimination?

Second, (and I apologize if someones already asked this and I didn't find it) how does it do (being a single frequency) on the wet salt sand? I'm talking depth, stability..

Thanks,

Mark in NC

No problem on the wet sand of Virginia Beach. Super deep in the dry sand. The Alien Rocks, the others just Roll. :wiggle:

I know that a few detectors will maintain there max depth by "blanking" audio of discriminated objects, versus truly eliminating them. I was just curious if the T-2 handles disc. the same way. Generally (but not always) those machines will still show visual ID although there is no sound. But that's not always the case as some have separate audio vs. visual ID. Anyway, that's my complicated way of asking if the T-2 will still hit a 8 inch dime, even with the discrimination cranked way up.

Thanks,

Mark in NC

Hi Marc,

The audio and ID systems on the T2 are independant and the info is ggathered differently. It's detailed in the manual and maybe mentioned in a thread here somewhere.

I can relay the results of a few air tests, and others with more experience and greater hours on the machine can chime in with their impressions.

I'm finding my machine chatters a bit at zero disc, call it a threshold noise if you will, but targets come in easily over this with stronger audio.

I tested a clad and silver dime at zero, 10 (default) and 80 (max) disc. I also tried a new, dime-sized steel washer, both alone and with the silver dime.

Tones 1, sensitivity default 60. Higher sensitivity numbers will increase the depth, but indoors, it was unstable for me above 60.

At 0 and 10 disc, the clad dime read to 6 inches, the silver to 7. The threshold tone at zero disc seemed to add its volume to the tone's, so audio was a tiny bit stronger with no disc at all. At 10 disc, the audio was quiet till the coin was swept by, same maximum distance.

By 80 disc, depth seemed the same or nearly so, but the audio was weaker. I know from other air tests that ID will become erratic before the audio fades away. I didn't pay much attention to ID in today's tests, but when I did check, it read correctly. Much further than this distance, ID became erratic, but still read in the coin range.

The washer was already being disc'ed out at 10, but was clear at zero. Maximum depth of the washer was 6 inches. I didn't check in-between settings, but at 80 disc, it made no ID or audio, but I did notice that placing it right against the coil produced the siren alert and "Overload-Raise Coil" message. Which seems to say it is being detected at all times, just "knocked out" by the circuitry.

Placing dime and washer together at low disc added the strengths of the targets so it made a stronger audio and ID jumped around 14-27. Putting disc at 80, the dime alone read, with proper coin ID, and to about the same distance as the dime alone, 7 inches. At maximum distance, it began to depend a bit on the orientation of dime and washer. For these tests, I held them so they were almost touching.

When sensitivity is set to maximum and using all metal or pinpoint no-motion mode, I got an air test of a dime to 11 inches. Of course, disc is not used in these modes, but it gives you an idea of the machine's sensitivity.

Hope this helps!
-Ed

If your in sandy loam type soil, low ferrous, I have dug dimes at 9 inches according to pinpoint depth. But the tone that identified it was the fourth tone, A hybrid high mid tone combo.