Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Crash Course In Beach Detecting?

That is not bad results for your first beach hunt and it being off season….
One other thing I forgot to mention is I usually take my coil cover off when beach hunting.
Sand and water can get inside it and fill up those webs on the underside of the coil and add weight.. just a heads up.

So,,,it was in the 20's and windy for the last couple of days. But today it warmed up to freezing.

I guess my first attempt at beach detecting was a success. In 1.5 hours and about 300 yards of beach I found 37 cents, very little trash and a piece of junker bling. However, when I got back to the camper I found out my bling was marked 925,,,, it's a pretty fancy silver earring. I did dig one deep beer can, but I called it as a can before digging it just to confirm.

I ran Beach 1, multi, 5 tone and disc'd out up to positive 4 and it ran quite stable. I was getting worried when I hadn't heard anything for the first hundred yards. But it is generally a mature crowd here, and it is long past tourist season. So there simply weren't many targets

The last picture is my daughter being silly, checking on my progress. Funny, I purchased the scoop 6 or 7 years ago and put it in the camper storage area,,,,, where it stayed until this weekend. Was good to finally dig it out and use it.

Anyways, thanks everyone for the tips.

View attachment 34240

View attachment 34241
View attachment 34242

Very nice for a short hunt. Copper leaching out of the sterling ... it's been there a little while. Nice recovery!

Sounds about right for this time of year. Historically quiet period. I, too, have been snagging some 925 silver (6 pieces so far in past month) but the gold just isn't around right now on the west coast of Florida. I did snag a gold dental crown/cap, but need a gold ring to start off season. Thanks for sharing.

Some of the beaches around SC don‘t give up much. Seems like you did good. Most of that coastal area has a 4-6’ tide change. I’ve found getting there 2-3 hours before low and chase it out works well. Looking for cuts, towel lines and access paths are good along with volleyball areas. If you hit heavy things like sinkers work a pattern or in circle around those. Tidal pools are sometimes good where people swim. This time of the year is rough though unless you go after a big storm.