Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Crossbow classic P.I......HELP!

0161delta1

Hi can anybody help, In the back of my Crossbow P.I , on the board there is a Resister that needs to be replaced, it is R30 on the board and is linked to the coil, it is a 2watt but i need the value so i can replace it, does any body have a Crossbow that they are willing to take off the back and tell me the value or the four colour bands, i think the first one is Brown but not 100% sure,.

There were only 12 made of the CrossBow, all sold in the UK.
George gave me schematic etc so we could build our own.
What is your with your resistor?
I would need to see which PCB version you have. We were working with Rev B and C.
You can tell the value of the resistor by the markings on its side if its not coded with color bands.
If it has color bands, use this calculator to figure it out http://www.hobby-hour.com/electronics/resistorcalculator.php

Hi,
My board is Rev A 2010, There is no colour band as they have burned off so i want to replace it, on your board in the picture it shows a space where the resistor should be R28 ON YOUR BOARD, R30 on my board.

Hi Sven,
My board is Rev A 2010, the colour bands have burned so i can't tell the value, on your board the resistor position is R24 But on my board it is R30, Sorry i made a mistake earlier by saying it was R28 on your board but it IS R24, Do you have any idea of the value please.

3R3 1/2 watt ohm resistor
But, since it can get hot, George suggested on our builds to increase to 5 watts.
Then it will have to be a wirewound type pictured. You want to find one with long leads, many have two short leads that can't be bent to match the distance between solder pad holes.
You can always try a reg. 3 watt and see what happens.

Also a heatsink was added to the Mosfet as surrounding areas where it was screwed down on the board were getting hot.
Not sure if you experienced this problem, as you wouldn't know if you bought a assembled ready to hunt CB from George.

Interesting machines the Crossbow classic,mine is still in the same mint condition when i bought mine,never had any trouble with mine,if you dont get the details you require i could take the back off mine,but i am in contact with George on a regular basis,so could ask him for advice,but Sven is the main man as he had all the information provided from George.

They are deep machines but i also use a Sven designed 'Mirage' pulse as well as a TDI Pro.

The total amount actually made was 13 and not 12,but still a rare machine too find.

Crossbow classic P.I

Can any one help I am looking for a Crossbow classic P.I
circuit diagram or a circuit board so i can make a Crossbow classic P.I

PS. can you email me at karlhayley2351964@gmail.com
and mark the email as Crossbow classic P.I

Thank to any one who looks at this

Thank you for helping me with the link
can you tell me were i can buy the
Crossbow classic P.I board from
i have been to silverdog web site but closed

I was the only one to have two batches of vers. C made. Unless some one who bought two from me, is willing to part with one, you will have to have your own made up.
Please note this is not a beginners project. There were some issues with the build, be prepared.

If anyone wants the CrossBow files 7.2MB zip file, you can download it off my storage site https://static.secure.website/wscfus/6268851/6866983/crossbow-files-share.zip The file has everything you need to know about the project plus PCB Gerber files.

You can also check out the posts about the CrossBow on the Geotech Forum.