Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

crushed limestone

justdigging

I need help on the settings for 705 with the 10x5 18.75 coil> I have a 14 K Gold Ring lost in driveway that is lime stone
can not get the 705 noise level down. TID just jumps all over the place. any help with settings Please.

Try Prospector Mode, and turn up the Iron Mask. Then only chase loud responses. That should do it. Your ring shouldn't be deep, so don't concern yourself with targets that you can't get a handheld pinpointer to sound off on.
If you haven't used Prospector Mode before, it will take some getting used to. It's not the same as C/T mode, and you do lose the VID.

justdigging said:
I need help on the settings for 705 with the 10x5 18.75 coil> I have a 14 K Gold Ring lost in driveway that is lime stone
can not get the 705 noise level down. TID just jumps all over the place. any help with settings Please.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Hello" 'justdigging'

To optimally help you, we need a list of BASIC menu settings..(Thresh-hold, sens., Frequ. off-set etc.

How long has the ring been lost?

Is the 'lime ground' dry or damp?

Any vegetation covering surface; etc?

Finally...[size=x-large]MOST IMPORTANT[/size].....Give us a sample GB reading, in Auto-GB ?.........matt

p.s. You can try a preliminary sortie with my suggestions of:-

Sensitivity 27.....(or less relative to any EMI.)

Tones 2

In 'coin and jewelery'....REJECT zero to +10,,,,,,,and +46 and +48.

Frequency off-set ...(no off-set)

Auto ground-track,,,,but no GB tracking.

PPS...If you have a 7 Khz coil, TRY THAT INSTEAD of the 18 KHz.....(If the ring is has any 'thick aspects'..ie fascia or band.)