Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Curious... Are there many Quattro users? If so, how come no one seems to post?

Just curious. Are there very many Quattro users? I have been watching this forum for awhile and it seems that not too many users are posting compared to the other user forums. I just got a used Quattro the end of May, and I love it so far. I used to have an EX II w/X-1 probe but had to sell it. I tried the Quattro this time around and I must say it is a great machine! I love the simplicity of it, Large easy to see ID #'s, ease of pinpointing, plus it seems lighter than my EX II. So far the depth and performance is great. I actually like it better than my EX II. I run in the C&J program with a cross save so I have both Conductivity and Ferrous sounds to flip through with targets. Low Trash, and sensitivity at 16-17. I sweep slow, and am able to pull good target sounds out of trash sounds fairly easily. I've dug quite a few Wheats this way that I missed with the EX II.

I also bought a used Quattro. I haven't recieved mine yet, but once I do and get some hunts in, I will sure be posting finds and my thoughts about the machine. What kind of finds have you made so far?

Posts here seem to go in "spurts"! I notice more and more posts from Quattro users on other forums like Water and Beach, etc.

Had mine since January and continue to "love" it! I usually hunt the beach in Relic Mode, sometimes Coin and Jewelry in manual sensitivity 17 to 18.

"Good Hunting!"

I've found a lot of clad and about a dozen Wheats. I have been hunting pounded areas, including areas I've dug silver with my old Explorer II. Haven't found silver yet with the Quattro, but I've only been out a few times for about 7 hours total. I have some new spots, but yet to hunt them.

Hi all. I'm trying to decide on my first detector purchase. I've looked at the Minelab Quattros and they seem like a really nice unit. I have thought about buying used, but I wasn't sure how "safe" this was I guess, for a lack of better wording. I have heard that with used detectors you usually don't get any kind of warranty with it. But I thing I really like the Quattro, and if I could save a few hundred dollars on a used unit, and new it was a safe bet, than I would. Thank's for any suggestions. Randy

This time I bought a used detector. I bought mine from Ron's Dixie Metal Detectors. The last 2 times I had over $1300 tied up in an Explorer II with the X-1 probe. Then something would come up and I'd sell it. (Actually the wife badgered me into selling it). I wasn't about to go through that again. I researched the Quattro and decided to try it. Considering they are relatively new, I went used. No regrets so far. In all my years of hunting I never had to send any of my units in for repair (former White's user). The last few years with the Explorer II had no problems either. The fact that Minelab has a 2 year and a 4 year extended warranty must mean something or they would'nt give one. Sure you can have a bad unit or damage yours somehow, but I took the risk. I saved hundreds of dollars and have a great machine. So far, I like my Quattro over the Explorer II, and have no regrets buying used.

I am buying my Quattro used. You just have to make sure you are buying a used detector from a dealer who has a reputation to up hold, or from a well known person on the forums.