Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CW INFO REQUEST

T-DUB

First off, if I put this in the wrong forum apologies up front. My info request is the following: Does any one have a quick chart/guide to button sizes from the Civil War. Meaning how to distinguish based off size if the button was a cuff, jacket, coat, shirt, or kepis for example. For the life of mean I can’t find that info in one spot. Thanks in advance.

Lots of relic hunters use : ALBERTS civil war button book. you can google it.
That it is, would like to have one, but leery of spending the amount of $$ they are wanting for used since it has been out of circulation for so long. Different if was standing right there and could see the true condition. Clarification for what I was asking, regarding the size and how it correlates to where the button was "located" on the uniform. Example 14/15 mm = cuff, 18+mm = coat. Believe I have it figured out now. Appreciate the feedback Cajoncoinhunter. Side question, have you ever seen Thibadeaux and Boudro (sp?) out detecting, those two gents would have some stories.

So many of us use our own button books to ID our buttons, but those books are mostly out of print now. You can use some civil war button sites to help you ID. Or you can post it here and one of will gladly help you ID your button.