Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CW Kepi (Repro)

stig58

I’m a Brit who has started an interest in the American Civil War. Living in the UK it’s not easy coming across US Civil War items, and when I do they are far too expensive for me, so I try to look for museum quality replicas. I found this reproduction CW Kepi, can anyone help me identify the cap, did it belong to a particular regiment, or unit, the only markings I can find are the buttons and a X cross stitching on the head band.

Dennis

Attachments

• Union 1.jpg
    Union 1.jpg
    750.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Union 1a.jpg
    Union 1a.jpg
    569.3 KB · Views: 82
  • Union 1f.jpg
    Union 1f.jpg
    754.9 KB · Views: 87
  • Union 1j.jpg
    Union 1j.jpg
    790.1 KB · Views: 86
I’m a Brit who has started an interest in the American Civil War. Living in the UK it’s not easy coming across US Civil War items, and when I do they are far too expensive for me, so I try to look for museum quality replicas. I found this reproduction CW Kepi, can anyone help me identify the cap, did it belong to a particular regiment, or unit, the only markings I can find are the buttons and a X cross stitching on the head band.

Dennis
Stig58 your pic attachment is not opening.

The blue Kepi, would of course belong to a Federal or Union soldier, better known as a (Yankee). The bugle atop the cap would signify the Infantry branch of service, and the Eagle I' button on the strap would again signify that the soldier was an Infantryman. The I' would identify the Infantry, an A', the Artillery, the C', the Cavalry, or a D', the Dragoons. Welcome to the forum, and Thank You for your interest in American History. Our Battle of Gettysburg came to a close in a little Pennsylvania town 160 years ago today.