Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-20 Coil Size

A

Anonymous

Is the 8 inch or 10.5 inch the better coil size for general beach and land hunting?

The 10.5" is great for area coverage. Most of my beaches are clean, so I went with the big coil on my CZ-20 for better area coverage. Of course, I do have a few that are pretty junky. Some folks like the 8" coil, as it goes into those area a 10.5" coil can't, and can get into the small rocky outcroppings better. I don't really worry about those kind of areas at this time.
HH from Allen in MI

For beach hunting the 10.5" is my pick simply for coverage and depth with very little loss of sensitivity to small jewelry compared to the 8" coil. For some land hunting you'll be OK if it's not too trashy or should I say having multiple targets laying close to each other, the 8" coil would pick out targets better in that scenario. But hey, this is a beach machine if that's mostly where you're going to hunt get the 10.5". Also, you can change coils but you have to send it to Fisher. If you plan on beach and shallow water hunting only ( knee deep or less) the CZ70 will give you everything the CZ20 does and you can kick it out of salt mode when on land for better sensitivity and depth. Goodluck

Hi, I would go with 8 inch coil,its better in water & land. Sometimes on the beaches theres a lot of junk. Its better to pinpoint through junk