Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-3D Produces....Park from pulltab h### revisited...

A

Anonymous

Got another CZ-3D to try without being influenced by
all the hype. Worked good. If you remember(post last year) about the park that has a total infestion of pulltabs of every imaginable size, bent,cut,folded,etc. The worst you
can think of, multiply that by 10, then you are close
to what I have been hunting in for almost 30 years.
Occasionally I would get a good coin but rarely. I have used Garrett 2500s, Fishers,Whites,Tesoro,Troy,
everything but a Nautilus. Each had limited success
but in all fairness, I only used stock coils and worked slow and methodically.I used the previous 3D
with the 8" coil and got quite a few nickels.
Enter the 2nd CZ-3D and the 5" "hockey puck",a deadly
combination even in this park. I worked an area 10 X 10, via a mental grid, dug 25-30 targets, all were
bad BUT 4. 2 Mercurys,1917 wheat,1948 nickel. I had
been over this area with all the above detectors but
these 4 coins were either too deep or masked. I got
coins at 8 inches with the "puck" and so close to
trash that EVERYTHING else missed 'em. A testimony
certainly for the use of a little coil. I use one
on my MXT for relics with success but certainly didn't expect this in the park. Anyway, it's a good
combo-and with the sensitivity backed off, I did
away with a lot of the falsing. Best to all, Richardntn

I too recently visited a local pulltab heck park with my cz70 and hockey puck and I tell you what, the sucker goes deep and target separation is great. Heck, the holes were often wider than the coil. :>
How much falsing did you get at what sensitivity? I was operating full 10 sensitivity and had no falsing whatsoever. Interesting...I didn't even need to ground balance off 5. What mode were you in, enhanced or salt? The cz70 loves the hockey puck from my own experience so I wonder if that enhanced mode is a bit more sensitive over the cz70 normal mode.
Brissietex

Enhanced mode of the CZ3D just widens facets to catch more older coins..To my knowledge no deeper or more stable than any other CZ...As far as ground balancing leaving it on a preset of 5 may rob you of depth and stability and is such an easy process one wonders why one would leave it on preset, but again whatever works. Indeed the hockey puck can be run with higher sensitvity than the stock 8 and gets nice depth..Certainly a nice acc. coil for the CZ units..

Dan,
I was evidently in highly neutral ground and doing the bobbing method kept me at or very near the default 5. It just seems more forgiving on the GB and sensitivity. Unfortunately, I haven't had the puck out much this year since I usually am doing the beaches during this Aussie summer with the 10.5". The 8" is getting a bit lonely right now but don't really see the need for it right now.
Keith

Don't tell too many people about that combo. It will be our little secret....