Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ- 3D questions

A

Anonymous

Hello. I have a few questions about the CZ 3-D and if it will fit my needs. I live in Iowa and will MD arounds parks, yards, and some relative's farmland that used to have a small town on it until the early 1900's and is now leveled and is a field. I would like a MD that is for general use so I can find old coins as well as jewelry. From what I undertand after reading many posts, is that the CZ 3-D is more specific for older coinshooting, but I wandered how well it also does for gold rings and jewelry? I am new to metal detecting and bought a Shadow x2 about 4 years ago. I sold it after about a year due to getting hooked on another hobby, but now I am wanting to get back into metal detecting again. I like the idea of finding old coins, but don't want to miss out on any jewelry that I may come across in the parks. Thank you for any advise and opinions. --Tim

.......... have the same basic capability regarding depth and sensitivity throughout the range of conductivity but the preferred application varies with model.
For example, I chose a CZ 7A Pro digital model primarily because it provides some weather resistance and has a notching capability which is also to be found in the CZ 70, but not with the analog CZ 5 or CZ 3D. My application is primarily for beach detecting but with a fair amount of use in the parks/schools environment. Because of it's outstanding performance on salt beaches it is often referred to as a "beach detector"
The CZ 5 and the CZ 3D are analog devices that lack the water resistance and notching capability of those digitals but have a faster response time. The 3D is an upgraded 5 with an enhanced mode replacing the "NORM" mode of other CZs that is intended to out-perform the others in an older environment not hampered by modern trash.
Being that I'm retired and live only 10-15 minutes from the Pacific my detector gets a good workout in finding gold and silver jewelry and any CZ would perform the same on the beach as well as in the parks/schools environment.
Chet

CZ's like gold jewelry and of course also excell for real deep coins..Unfortunately as with all detectors gold rings can come in anywhere from foil to Zinc with foil being the hot spot for thin womans gold rings with expensive stones..Used a bunch in my time and is good or better than most top of the line units out there when it comes to gold jewelry...Come to think of it my wife now sports a 16 diamond gold ring that hit real hard in foil. Also remember the 3D gives you an expanded mode for old deep coins and of course the regular mode for local parks and such.
Both have super depth but the old coins expanded mode just covers more old coins in their facets which hit with a high tone.

Although there are "hot spots", in my beach detecting I've found gold rings throughout the entire spectrum of conductivity using my CZ 7A Pro.
Chet

Years ago Fisher tested a whole bunch of gold rings and indeed the hot spot by a large margin was FOIL...indeed gold rings can come in anywhere on the meter and from personal experience with a CZ and other units foil is indeed the hot spot on every machine I ever used..I usually hunt land and indeed we now get back to a level playing field..saltwater beaches are usually wedding bands and high school rings as the really expensive ones are removed before swimming and usually they are in the foil range so indeed you may have another hot spot as the wedding band and high school ring would usually not be foil but be in the nickel plus area...We all learn from discussions...thanks for the input Chet as I know you are basically a saltwater beach hunter if my memory serves me right...

Hey Chet, Many Thanks for the very detailed post, it was very informative. HH, NamvetLesTreasureSeeker.