Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-5 depth question

A

Anonymous

I just purchased a new cz-5 and have been having trouble locating the detected coin never finding it.The book says that when pinpointing with the button pushed in listen for the highest tone and the highest meter reading.does the highest meter reading mean the most depth or the shallowest?
I planted a new dime a 5" depth and marked it with a popsicle stick,but when I tried to detect it with my cz-5 I got nothing!
Oh my! Now what do I do?

Heres what you do...move the coil to the right and depress the pinpoint button. I think you are holding it right over the signal and detuning the target and making it smaller and therefore may be detuning it completely so the 5 inch dime cannot be heard..Actually you have VCO pinpointing and you should go at it from two different directions and should be where the VCO gets the loudest..I feel when you get the shallowest target on the meter that corresponds with the loudest you should be right on.
Put some coins under a piece of cardboard and stick a knife tip thru until you hit the target. Start with a half and go down to a dime..Takes practice is all and raise you coil to simulate some depth once you get the hang of it..

I was using dicrimanate on the test dime.I understand detuning and pinpointing,but I dug holes on 7 targets this morning on good solid double beeps.I was using number 6 on discrimantion.One hole after I cut the hole and removed the dirt I got nothing on the hole so I said great its in the plug.Nope nothing there either.I found one 1972 penny and the rest of the holes nothing.30 years of using white's I know how pennys are hard to find(I was hoping silver since I was using #6,but this has become infuriating.

should set the disc. so you can get all coins, lower if you want gold. on the depth all the way to the right would be shallow when pinpointing. in disc. mode that is where high coin readings come in.

I hope this will help you understand what may be happening to you. Don't give up on the CZ5 it is a fine machine.
When you open this click on Mikes CZ tips
http://mikewd.fws1.com/

Yeah,I don't know how many times I've read Mike;s cz page.I'll keep trying and will figure it out!

Tell us if you have tried pinpointing targets air test style first, from varying heights. You'll quickly learn the ins and outs. Fisher machines have great pinpoint accuracy in my experience. Air testing does translate well into field use for pinpoint methodology with both good and bad targets.