Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ 5 in park with moderate iron trash

Ton1000

I own a high-end detector, but I can't stop thinking about how much I like my old cz5, especially when I run it with zero discrimination. It goes deep, but I never really paid attention to decipher signals near trash. Does it blend the signals together? How does it id 6 in + coins near trash?

Thanks.

CZ's are easily masked by iron??? I have found just the opposite to be true with my CZ 21. The last hunt I had it at the park I pulled out no less than four targets that shared the plug with a piece of iron. Two of the targets had iron next to it by a couple of inches one of the targets had a big old bolt under it and another Target had a rusty old screw over the top of it. There was never a doubt in my mind that I was on to good targets. My biggest issue is with the aluminum screw caps that I am not able to ID with the CZ 21 but sound really good.

That's very encouraging that you found coins next to iron. I'm curious though have you found wheatbacks Indians or silver at 6 inches or deeper with iron in the hole too?

Yes I have found wheat pennies and a few silvers. Unfortunately I was unable to tell if it was the silver coin in the hole with any of the iron as the parks I hunt here in southern California, the coins come out really corroded and discolored and need a lots of cleaning. I've tried bringing bottles of water and little scrub brushes along on my hunts to see exactly what it is I'm pulling out of the ground, I decided that just takes too much time and I worry about what's in the bag after I get home. As far as depth goes, you will see if you read any of my other posts that I regularly pull dimes in the 9 and 10 in range with no doubt I'm over a good Target. All of that and I have now discovered that my detector is way out of adjustment, according to Felix at First Texas products. so I think that should tell you something, I have a detector way out of adjustment that I am for the most part unable to ground balance yet I'm still pulling dimes that I know are good targets in the 10 inch range. I can't wait to see what it's going to do when it gets home after being recalibrated.