Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ 6a Manual...I need

El Nino

Hi, I'm new to the forum. After my divorce I dusted off my old CZ6 after 5 years or so in the garage. I plugged in some new
batteries and darned if it doesn't still work. I quit using it because the audio quit working and I never sent it in.
I plugged my Sony noise cancelling head phones and holy crap!!!! Its alive!!!!

Ive been hunting the beaches here in Southern California with my other old machine, a Tesoro Silver Sabre. It struggles with the
black sand here. But even still with the big storms we've had this winter I managed to pull a few silver coins from the beach.
I dug out my CZ because I remember it doing much better with the black sand. I'm finally getting to the point. I cant find the manual and
I cant remember how to ground balance the thing. Can someone send me the page with the procedure for balancing. Also,
do you know of anyone in the San Diego area that can tune it properly?

Thanks a million....

El Nino,

Just click on the Fisher Lab banner at the top of the page, go into the Hobby section, then manuals, and download the CZ3D manual ( it's in PDF format).

The ground balance procedure is the same for the 3D as it is for any other CZ.

JC

El Nino,

I have the manual for the CZ-6A on a PDF file that I got Fisher to send me, if you would still like to have this manual I can e-mail it to you, send me a PM with your email address if you what the manual, this goes for anyone else that needs this manual.

Skip

Willee said:
How can you tell if as CZ-6 ha the CZ-6a upgrade installed?

The easy way to tell is that the coil wire will have a 5 pin connector on a CZ 6A and on a converted CZ 6, a CZ 6 will only have 4 pins, the CZ 6 also had a pigtail for the headphone jack, the CZ 6A has a built in headphone jack, the circuitry is the same on both models, the only other difference is that the CZ 6A has O-rings and gaskets to make it weather resistant, but as mentioned the coil connector is the telling feature, so that the CZ 6A and the converted CZ 6 can use all CZ coils that came after the CZ 6A was made.

Skip

Just wondering if anyone out there has a PDF version of the CZ6A manual?
It looks like Skip hasn’t posted to the forum for a while.

The CZ 5 manual is on the Fisher website

http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/manuals/CZ-5opmanual_002.pdf

The CZ-6 manual is posted to the Fisher CZ Metal Detectors Facebook page.