Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-7

A

Anonymous

Hi, I just bought a used CZ-7, can anybody give me a few tips on the machine.
Thanks

Visit Mikes CZ page as it gives a lot of info
http://mikewd.fws1.com/
Was the first digital CZ and had a slow pinpoint and used batteries while not being used..Just a matter of getting used to pinpoint and taking one of the AA 6 packs out when not in use...CZ7A was the next CZ model and corrected these problems..

I can tell you my CZ-7, on the way home from the shop found what was then my deepest nickel with those cheap stock batteries. Pulled over in the park, got out, slapped them in and used it like the CZ-5 I had just lost. First indication was nickel 8". it was '23 buff at 8"+.
Swing the machine slow and think about getting one of the large coils for even better depth in clean areas. Looks like the 10.5" Fisher coil has some competition in the Sunray Invader. Yep, Dan's right, watch them batts! Never leave them in, even overnight.
The only other problem with the CZ-7 I've had was the battery compartment doors getting loose. Lost one in the middle of a freshly turned farm field once. Took two hours of backtracking to find it. I crimp them once in a while but also keep them in place with a velcro strap around the whole compartment. I've had the unit out in pouring rain and it did just fine there as well. One of these days I might get a newer CZ, but geez, do they get any deeper?