Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-70 pro help please

A

Anonymous

Hi, I am about to buy my first detector. Thanks to all of your posts I think I have decided on a CZ-70 pro (although I am very open to suggestions). I live in the Atlanta area so I will be doing a lot of hunting in wonderful red clay, some fresh water beaches, and as I travel to the coast fairly often I will also be doing a lot of salt water beach hunting. I know from all the posts that the CZ-70 pro will find silver coins, but my biggest concern (and the reason I haven't bought yet) is will the CZ-70 find gold coins AND gold and silver jewelry (small and large)? I want to buy a first machine that I won't outgrow as my skills develop, so if you think a different unit would suit my needs better, please let me know. I'm by no means rich, but I would rather spend a little more upfront and get what I need than to regret a purchase and have to buy a different unit or worse yet give up from frustration. My primary goal is to hunt gold and silver coins and jewelry, everything else will be a bonus. Also to let you guys know, I am looking at an ID unit because I have lost most of the hearing in my left ear, my right side is fine. I didn't know if a tone only detector would be too hard to use due to this. Any info and guidance you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated.

the CZ70 as far as performance, but will probably wind up being like most of us more into detector collecting them detectoring. Now CZ's aren't great on very small gold. If that is what your after then I would highly recommend the gold bug II or Gold strike that are mainly used for gold hunting. But as far as an all around machine, you can't hardly beat a Fisher CZ70.

Good luck,
Mike

Mike,
I hate to push the subject, but when you say it will not find the small gold, how small do you mean? I have no interest at the moment in finding small gold nuggets, but I would like to be sure that I'm not going to miss a small ring, bracelet, or necklace at the beach. Would the gold bug or gold strike be more suited for my goals of finding silver and gold coins and jewelry? Lastly, do the gold detectors find primarily gold and miss the silver? Thanks for your help!

Being you are a newbie its user friendly which is a plus, surely one of the deepest units on the market and excells in salt water situations. Heck found everything from a 1794 large cent to a 16 diamond, 14kt. gold ring so its capable for all your wants and needs. Have used CZ's since they came out in 92 and haven't outgrown them and you won't either..Buy a CZ70 preferably new with a lifetime waranty and never look back as you will have the best without question..This is not something I read in a book or advertisement and have to admit used many others also and always come back to a CZ so post is made from experience in the field. Any questions fire away or refer to http://mikewd.fws1.com/......:D

I realize your a newbie my friend and you won't miss any of the small gold you speak of especially if you use the Autotune feature.
Gold detectors are basically all metal units to a point and if you were heading for the gold fields would advise you to buy a gold nugget unit. That not being the case a CZ70 will serve you well..if you plan to dive or hunt in the water might consider a CZ20 as the CZ70 is weather resistant not waterproof...

I do intend on doing some diving or surf detecting in the future, but figured I would start with a dedicated beach/land unit. When I first started looking for a detector I was looking at the CZ20, but many of the reviews said it wasn't very sensitive to gold. Is this wrong? Plus I didn't know if a tone only machine would be too hard to master due to the loss of hearing in my left ear. How does the CZ20 compare to the CZ-70 pro when it comes to depth and the ability to find gold and silver? I am sorry to bother you all with so many questions, but I have beat my head for weeks trying to figure it out and finally realized it was time to ask the experts. I truly appreciate that all of you have taken the time to help a newbie and please know that I respect each and every response and opinion. Thanks again!

a full time salt bias whereas the CZ 70 has a switchable salt and normal bias. This means that IF you can run the 70 in normal bias in the ground you're at for a given time, you should get better depth with it over the 20 under those circumstances. Difference won't be huge but measureable.

I Just wanted to say thank you to everyone. Your advice and opinions are greatly appreciated and respected. A CZ-70 it will be! Thanks again.