Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ Meter Disc. Nickels bad.

u2robert

Detector ID's nickel as round tab also if disc. is set higher than foil it discriminates out nickels in enhanced mode. Unit will I.D. nickels correctly in salt mode and discriminate out nickels at setting of 4 like it is suppose to. What should I do?

Definitely sounds like it needs to be properly calibrated.

Not sure what FT would charge but if it's not still under warranty, you'd probably be better off going through Tom Dankowski.

As far as I know he still charges $100 to calibrate. He can usually squeeze out a bit more depth too.

Tom is the way to go expect it to come back properly calibrated and above all in most cases better depth...

Send that Cz3d off to Tom Dankowski. I would not, I repeat, do not let
anybody recalibrate that machine at Fisher. Spend the $100 and be done.
Tom's the only one that I will ever let touch the insides of my Cz3d.
You can't go wrong with Mr. Dankowski. One of the BEST!!!
silverseeker2

silverseeker 2 said:
Send that Cz3d off to Tom Dankowski. I would not, I repeat, do not let
anybody recalibrate that machine at Fisher. Spend the $100 and be done.
Tom's the only one that I will ever let touch the insides of my Cz3d.
You can't go wrong with Mr. Dankowski. One of the BEST!!!
silverseeker2

Spoke with Tom D. and everything stated above is correct. Thanks Guys

Well Tom D. calibrated unit it now is ID'ing correctly and 11.7 on a clad dime he also stated the unit is like brand new inside and out like it's never been used.

Better hang on to that Cz. 11.7 inches is pretty Darn
Good. Tough to beat. My best gold ring was high tone
on my Cz3d that would find dimes at 12 inches. I like
a dummy let her go but finally replaced it with a Cz3d
that Tom reworked for me and this one will get 11.4 inches.
Still not to shabby though as 11 inches is plenty deep
for my likes. Best of luck with your newly tuned CZ...
silverseeker 2

Thanks Silverseeker, I plan on keeping this detector for awhile at lest, I also got a 5" & 10.5 coil for it and a FZ-1 Sunray probe for it.

Glad to see you got it sorted out. :thumbup:

That's a great classic machine...the CZ3D will always have a spot in my collection.
:)
mike