Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ vs ID Excel Question

A

Anonymous

I have a 3D and 7a Pro which I really like for coin hunting. I just picked up a ID Excel and I'm wondering what to expect on it for coin hunting vs the CZ's? In air testing it seems to have a quite a bit less depth. The ground is frozen in Wisconsin and this air test is all I can do yet. Hope to hear feed back from people who have used both. Thanks in advance. HH Joe

Hi Joe,
The ID Excel is one of those machines that does not air test well but still, don't expect CZ depth with it. Where it shines is in its ability to handle iron and trash even with the 8" coil. If I had to compare it to another mid-priced ID machine it would be the IDX Pro, with the Excel doing a better job in iron IMO. The numeric ID is accurate and locks on well. Its darn close to the analog XL Pro for "lock on" and accuracy.
Against the CZ's?? There are times I prefer the faster sweep of the ID Excel and I definitely prefer its iron handling abilities.
Except for ultimate depth the ID Excel is a real performer.
Tom