Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

cz3d

A

Anonymous

Does anyone out there have any thoughts on the Fisher CZ3D. The only field tests I can find is from the gentleman who desinged it and his associate who went along with him using a CZ5.
Jeff

I was really pumped on that model as it was being introduced. after reading the reports of finds and the apparent capabilities of it, it sound to me like a specialty machine. I would like to see head to head comparisons of the CZ3d and the ID Excel for instance. I am a big fan of the CZ series but if I'm hunting any of the usual terrain I'm in, it seems I have everything I need in my CZ-7 and my CZ-20, as long as I don't disc out anything and don't mind digging the iffy signals.
Has anyone out there put a head to head comparison of the CZ3D and the ID Excel together?

Tim,
I am ASSUMING that you use the CZ7 on land and the CZ20 in water. If so, are you happy w/ the 7 on land and would you recommend it? What made you choose the 20 instead of the 1280 for water, simply the different tones, is it worth the extra costs?
I am going to purchase a new machine, both of mine are 15+ yrs. old. Dont know whether to go with one machine such as the 20 for land and water or two machines, one strictly water & one strictly land.
Your thoughts appreciated. Jeff

I have the older CZ-7, it uses 3 tones, just as the CZ-20 does. Both work well in rain, but only one is truly splash proof. I use the CZ-20 often in rough terrain on land, it breaks down easier and is hipmountable. Sometimes this is a great advantage whether on water or land.
The CZ-20 is better in mineralized ground than the 1280 but since I don't work salt water areas you'll have to ask those who do. From what I've read of the 1280/CZ-20 users, the CZ is the better machine.
The tones are good indicators, but serve best only when you are cherry picking a site. In rural, older sites where you think there may be good targets, I am not sure one more tone would be a factor but I've not gone over to one of the four tone machines yet.
I also use a 1235X and will probably upgrade that unit before getting another high end machine. Possibly a 1236X2. My advice is get something rugged and sensitive in all environments, but unless you are actually going under water, it does not need to be a CZ-20. Hipmounting is also a big plus on long hunts.