Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ5 matched up with the 10 1/2 " coil....

A

Anonymous

......what tips can you give me regarding sweep speed, pinpointing and anything else that comes to mind? Thinking of using it for dry sand beach hunting and ball fields/soccer fields. Would it be ok for hunting gold rings ... I'm told by some that it doesn't do well on gold rings?( why) Should I get one or just stay with the standard coil. Help me out , with your opinions and a few pointers. Thank You.

Larger coil although a bit heavy goes a little deeper, but the biggest thing is its ground coverage.
As far as average gold ring both should do well..Pinpoints just top of dead center while a 8 inch coil pinpoints dead center..Many hipmount to alleviate the heavier coil but for large areas a nice acc. coil..

but I'll give my 2 cents.
Swing speed:
In clean areas, I flip over to Auto-tune. I swing fairly fast in this mode, as once you get over a good target, even a fairly deep one, it'll yelp pretty good in Auto-tune. I'll then flip to 0 Disc. to ID the target. If it's worth digging, it gets dug.
In junky areas, I go to 0 Disc., and swing REALLY slowly. I've found that the 10.5" coil does fairly good in even junky areas, due to the elliptical design of the receive coil.
Pinpointing:
I use the "X-style" of pinpointing. I only run a pinpoint to get a depth reading. I actually do this with all three coils.
Tips:
HIPMOUNT! This makes it really light. I can swing all day.
In large areas, like sports fields, I usually use a couple bamboo stakes with a bit of red ribbon to mark my lanes. I put a stake at the outside of my swing, and guide off that. When I reach the other side of my lane and flip around, I put the second stake on the "new" outside edge of my swing. The first stake now marks my "inside" swing edge, and the second stake marks the "outside". When I reach the first side I started on, I just grab the first stake, flip around so that the second stake is not on my inside swing, and replant the first stake on the new "outside" edge. I keep repeating this until either I finish searching the area, or I leave to go home. Large areas may take days to search, but this method will help to ensure more complete coverage.
I've found lots of gold rings with my 10.5" coil. It also does good on coins "on edge", as the transmit coil is further from the receive coil, and sees the reflected signal better (or so I'm told).
HH from Allen in MI

Hi Dan ,glad i caught up with ya.I tried to E mail you about the great machine i got from you.If interested i posted on Sweet Home yesterday. Pic and story.Have a nice day ! Sorry to bother you. But just happened to catch your post HH Bill