Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ5

A

Anonymous

Will someone please give me a brief understandable version how to ground balance a CZ5? If I balance it in the preset mode then I can't raise my sensitivity?? Thanks.

Make sure the Power is OFF.
Set your GB to the preset 5.
Set your Disc. to Auto-Tune.
Set Sens. to 10.
Turn Power ON.
Briefly search around to find a clear area when no targets (no whoOP<b>P!</b> sounds).
Now, once your find a spot, holding one hand on the GB knob, start lifting the coil up about 8" and lowering it back down. One of three sounds is going to be produced:
1) A sound that starts soft and low, which builds in pitch and volume as your coil approaches the ground. The level of change in the sound will depend on the mineralization of the soil in your area, as well has how close you are to the true GB for your soil. This is a "positive" sound.
2) A sound that hits hard, loud, and high, but fades in volume and pitch as the coil moves away from the ground. Again, this will vary depending on your soil and settings. This is a "negative" sound.
3) No sounds whatsoever. Neutral Soil. Set your GB wherever you like and hunt away.
Remember that #3 is rare, usually only in Florida. What you want to do, while you're "bobbing" your coil, is move the GB knob.
-If you're receiving sounds from #1 (positive), turn your GB knob slightly counter-clockwise until such sounds dissappear.
-If you're receiving sounds from #2 (negative), turn the GB knob clockwise until such sounds dissappear.
Once you're set your GB, you may reduce your Sens. to your liking and hunt away. Remember that if you GB at a Sens. level of 4, you may lower your Sens., but you can't raise the Sens. above 4 without redoing your GB. This is why I always GB at 10, so I don't have to worry about it. It's always a good idea to GB your detector each time you change sites. Sometimes, in really "hot" ground, or ground where there is fill in one part, but natural soil in another, you may have to hunt one section, change your GB, then hunt the other.
When you're hunting, and hear that "negative" sound, you've got a negative hot rock. Knowing these are in the area, try to slow down. You won't hear them in 0 Disc. or higher, but you will in Auto-Tune.
HH from Allen in MI

Allen excellent post..I always advise volume at 10 also as you can hear the change of sound better and then put it where you wish...