Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ6A Questions

A

Anonymous

What do people think of the unit, and are there any bad points...
I coin and Jewelry hunt...
Thanks

I have a cz6a I must like it because it outlasted about 7 other machines.
This machine will go down to about 10 inchs on coins on a good day, it will also tell you a deep nail is a coin at ten inchs.
Bob

Its deep, user friendly and built like a tank and handles salt water beaches well.Indeed like the energizer rabbit seems to go and go..It does like deep nails but with practice and reading Mikes CZ page shouldn't be a problem..Some think its not balanced well and heavy, but I don't think so and of course it can always be hipmounted. Meter is limited as facets are too big but I have used a CZ for years and got a lot of deep silver and several nice gold rings...

Bruce, I agree with what Dan and Bowhawk said about the CZ. It does have an affinity for iron targets.
The only thing I don't like about the CZ is that the CZ-6a takes 9V batteries. They are expensive and don't last nearly as long as AA batteries in my experience. For this reason, I bought the CZ-7, which takes AA batteries rather than 9V's.
Other than this, I think the CZ is a very good machine. I've had mine for about 6 years and I wouldn't ever part with it. It's very deep and sensitive, and I've found many small golds with mine on salt water beaches. The salt mode works really well on this machine. Plus, it lets you knock out the crusty zinc pennies if you choose. On the beaches I hunt, sometimes this is a nice feature.

Like Bruce after trying all of the CZ models picked up a nice used CZ7A which was the improved CZ7 which had power loss when not being used, slow pinpoint and no external speaker...Indeed the AA batteries using good alkalines will give you 80-90 hrs and although a bit heavier than other CZ's is much better balanced like a 1266 as batteries under armcup help the ergonomics.For some reason these rodmout CZ7 and CZ7A never were popular so one would feel the hipmount capabilites of othe CZ models are used by many...After all of the above many feel the CZ6A was the best analog CZ ever produced...and still can't figure why that model was discontinued...

I agree about the batteries but can't you get full 9 volt rechargables in the U.S. (Plains ???). They had to have a special charger.
If anyone could tell me the name I would be most grateful.
Brian

Brian,
Those were Plainview batts. I googled it and only came up with one place to buy them from. I don't own any Plainviews but some of the other guys say they do great. I have used IPowerUS (220mah)and Nexcell(200mah) 9V rechargeables and I like the Nexcells better. DO NOT but the IPowerUS 260mah batts as they have had probs with them and are replacing them. That's how I got the 220s.
Dave

After doing further research, I believe the Plainviews have been discontinued. There are still lots of other rechargeable 9V's out there.
Dave

For some reason the rechargeable varities of 9 volts just don't last long, however would venture to radio shack and talk to one of their learned clerks. Remember reading somewhere that rehargeables are not recommended for digital models. Myself use the AA batteries on my CZ7A( rodmount and alkalines last a long time)

This is a link to the coinstrike page but it has some good information on rechargeables.
http://home.insightbb.com/~johnhetti/coinstrike/index.htm

One thing about the 9 volt Plainviews, they are a tad longer than a regular 9 volt. Bought them for my CZ70 and tight fit. Another thing is the Plainviews have their own charger one for each battery. I do recharge them with my iPower charger which will do 2 9 volts at a time and you get an indication when they are charged but not on the Plainview Charger.