Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ7a Value?

49ermetal

Hello everyone,

I run a small mining shop in Northern California and a customer has a question that I think you guys could help me with. He bought a CZ7a from me back in the day but has never even turned on the machine and has kept it stored all these years. I believe he has the original box, manual, everything. Unfortunately, he has been diagnosed with cancer so he is looking to sell the machine as he needs the money. He called me asking for an estimate on a fair price so that he could list in on Craigslist but I wasn't sure of its value given its condition. So what do you guys think its fair value is?

To start with is it the CZ7a rod mount only that takes 12 batteries or CZ7A pro that can be hipmounted and takes 2 9 volts as some call either a CZ7A...Also does it work as it should which I imagine you could verify..this would certainly help...

I just called the owner and he said it is a CZ7a, not the version with 9 volt batteries. He has moved out of the area so I can't get my hands on the machine to verify it's condition. But he assures me he has stored it all this time with the batteries taken out and has never used it once. I have nothing to gain from his sale so just trying to figure out what is fair.

Wade is in the ballpark with his estimate but may be on the high side as units age makes it impossible to get parts if it doesn't work as it should...
Impossible to PM you 49er for lack of posts and my E-mail is detectdan@msn.com if you need any info as been around CZ's since early 90's.....

I will call the owner and let him know of a ballpark price. Hopefully he has luck with Craigslist...

Thank you to the both of you for the help!

Perhaps he would do better to take a few pictures and put on one of the internet classifieds..If not what State does he live in so I can check his craigslist post..

Just from speaking to him I don't think he is to savvy at using the internet. I believe he lives in Redding, California. I would be able to put you in direct contact with him if you wanted to speak/get pics from him.

I spoke to the owner, Bill, and he would be happy to email with you. I Just sent an email to you with his email address. Thanks!