Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dammit, the beaches of lake Erie pulled me back to them today.... 110 mile round trip this time

Mark ( ohio )

but had a new heater with me, the nox 600 and tony Eisenhower custom headphones. I'm still going thru the learning curve with this 600 ( sometimes I wish I just had my o'le exp II with me ).

First target was a silver toe ring, great I thought then crickets for a hell of a long time !! 56 cents total. WTH !!

Oh well, Mark ( ohio )

but had a new heater with me, the nox 600 and tony Eisenhower custom headphones. I'm still going thru the learning curve with this 600 ( sometimes I wish I just had my o'le exp II with me ).

First target was a silver toe ring, great I thought then crickets for a hell of a long time !! 56 cents total. WTH !!

Oh well, Mark ( ohio )
Where on lake Erie ?
I'm up near the Headlands.

Wife's from Bula.
Need to get in the water there.
Try the private beaches to the west.
Should be legit upto the highwater mark.
Just don't go in the beach.
Most of the make outs happened on the beach east of the main drive in at the dirt road. Good Luck

Last edited:

Oh well, Mark ( ohio )
Well, the stuff HAS to be there in order to find it! (y)

Oh well, Mark ( ohio )
Most worked beach in the county.
Do a research on Geneva on the lake.
Work the park and waters there.
Lots of activities from the 50'$ an 60'$

Apparently, others beat you to the goodies…. I’ve noticed around my area finds are decreasing each year too… between people not carrying around much change any more and others detecting too, it is getting harder to find stuff.
I went to a local swimming area earlier this year and searched the beach area, and a guy walked by and asked if I was there yesterday.
I answered no and he went on to tell me that two guys were there searching on the beach and in the water….not sure what they found, but they did not leave much…two pennies and a nickel is all I found.
Like others mentioned, look for another area to try.

Last edited:
Apparently, others beat you to the goodies…. I’ve noticed around my area finds are decreasing each year too… between people not carrying around much change any more and others detecting too, it is getting harder to find stuff.
It went to a local swimming area earlier this year and searched the beach area, and a guy walked bye and asked if I was there yesterday.
I answered no and he went on to tell me that two guys were there searching on the beach and in the water….not sure what they found, but they did not leave much…two pennies and a nickel is all I found.
Like others mentioned, look for another area to try.
I think your totally right Felix... tho sand hunters are plentiful, I rarely see guys in the water.. Trouble is going that far is a crap-shoot on how calm or rough the water can be on any particular day. Now a full 3-5 mil suit is needed on account of water temps. I'll bet there is a good amount of rings to be found tho.

Mark ( ohio )

I think your totally right Felix... tho sand hunters are plentiful, I rarely see guys in the water.. Trouble is going that far is a crap-shoot on how calm or rough the water can be on any particular day. Now a full 3-5 mil suit is needed on account of water temps. I'll bet there is a good amount of rings to be found tho.

Mark ( ohio )
Another little tip.
People are lazy.
Like the Headlands.
Walnut is a Long Beach.
Only the swimmers lay out near the beach.
I usually see most within 30-80 ft from the parking area. Try working from the parking area to maybe 100 ft Max into the beach.
I've never worked that area. Nor have I seen people detect that area. Like me everyone worked the shoreline or close in. Again. Good Luck...

Another little tip.
People are lazy.
Like the Headlands.
Walnut is a Long Beach.
I usually see most within 30-80 ft from the parking area. Try working from the parking area to maybe 100 ft Max into the beach.
I've never worked that area. Nor have I seen people detect that area. Like me everyone worked the shoreline or close in. Again. Good Luck...
Are you referring to the parking area near the volley ball nets, or the parking dirt road area that leads right to the sand ? thanks for the feedback.

Another little tip.
People are lazy.
Like the Headlands.
Walnut is a Long Beach.
Headlands is an awesomely large beach. I've done well there in yrs past. Maybe one final trip ? Who knows.

Another little tip.
People are lazy.
Like the Headlands.
Walnut is a Long Beach.
As you would state, “Eggzactly” 😂

Are you referring to the parking area near the volley ball nets, or the parking dirt road area that leads right to the sand ? thanks for the feedback.
Dirt road on both. Goes almost to the beach.
Out front is all new. If you can figure where they pushed the dirt for new parking lot. May get Lucky.
You might also try by the old sledding hill. Far west side near Walnut St.

Headlands is an awesomely large beach. I've done well there in yrs past. Maybe one final trip ? Who knows.
Dug my deepest hole there ever About 30" for a pearl handle silver plated can bottle opener. Running my old Explorer xs and a 15" WOT coil. I just had to know what it was. LoL

That's a killer set-up.. mine was the exp2 and a sunray 12inch. those were great detectors.
Oh yeah.
Still have it. And Sovereign GT with 13" ultimate coil. Explorer is just to heavy with the 15" WOT coil.
I bag the box on the Sovereign. And swing just the shaft and coil. Great machines.
Just got the 12" coil for my old Garrot CX 3 power+. Curious how deep that will go.
If I could just speed up the recovery.
Would be great. It's a very accurate machine.