Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dave finally got to do some more bottle cap testing.

Mike Hillis

This ties into the 3b iron trash post, but I decided to seperate the email content into two different posts.

Mike, I just now got my hands on a T2 (not as easy as you might think) and took it into the vacant lot across the street to play bottlecap games. Settings: Sensitivity=99, GC=86, Disc=10. The ground is about .1 %Fe2o3, but for a target on the surface that's not an issue.

Here's what I observed.

1. With the bottlecap lying flat, and with the searchcoil within 3 inches of the surface, both modes wanted to give the high tone consistently. I tried fast and slow sweeps, tilting the coil, etc.: none of those things helped enough to be decisive.

2. In both modes, raising the searchcoil beyond a height of 3 inches, it started to give medium and low tones on some hits. The 3b mode seemed slightly better.

3. With the bottlecap laying at an angle about 15 degrees from horizontal, and sweeping 1-4 inches above the bottlecap, the 3 mode exhibited some inconsistency in tones, and audio clipping of the discriminator, but with most passes both ways being predominantly high tone. The 3b mode still gave frequent high tones in one direction, but almost never in the other direction, and the discriminator occasionally knocked it out entirely.

The foregoing is consistent with what we have seen here on previous occasions.

unquote.