Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dave J Need Help/Question about GB Pro

dsrtdwg1

Hi Dave,

I just purchased a new Gold Bug Pro. I have a couple of concerns that I hope you can help me with.

1. Sometimes while searching OR with the coil off the ground at rest, the screen will go blank with the exception of battery and sensitivity read out. Is this normal?

2. It does not hit quarters very well. I bought it as a nugget shooter not a park hunter but do plan on park/beach use some of the time.

I have had it for 2 days, so it is brand new to me AND all this was in discrimination mode. Your thoughts please.

Thanks,

Wendell

Until Dave checks in let me say, I think you are okay on both points. I go blank sometimes myself. If it doesn't come back, then we have a problem. Also GBP likes quarters and should hit them as well or better than most US coins. You need to be more specific as to what your expectations are and performance is (include what coil). I can't imagine it notching out that or any one coin. The GBP is one of my favorite units and I have 100s of hours on it and my current one is my third one.

Pastor Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I really don't have any expectations, I am new to metal detecting, probably 100 hours in the past couple of months on a lower end detector. I am relieved to hear that the going blank thing may not be a problem. Is it the machine going idle from no signal? As to the quarter thing, I guess I expected the difference between quarters and dimes to be more like my bounty hunter. I will mostly use the GBP out in the desert once I have a little more time on it and learned how to use it.

so the only thing that goes away when you put the detector down is the big ID numbers?

if its more than that then maybe you have a problem.

AJ

Dave's busy designing new super detectors.

Call customer service at Fisher and discuss it with them.

1-800-685-5050