Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Day 2 With The Force Core

sparkster

Headed out to a large multiple sport complex with soccer, softball, baseball and basketball for day 2 of my learning the force.

I'm trying to pick spots with a lot of targets and trash mixed in together.

Worked the FC is Di3 with 11 x 7 coil, settings were sensitivity 65 to 85, ID Mask 10 to 25, most everything else default sets.

Worked about 1.25 hours. Trying to check the VDI and tone then guess what it is before I dig. Amazing that I have the basic
Coins, nickel, dime, quarter, penny figured out all ready. This place was full of pull tabs, bottle tops, and itty bitty pieces of foil.
Not to worry. Even with this size coil (11 x7) it was fairly easy to know what was in the ground before I dug it.

Most of the time in sports parks I rarely have to use my leashe, I use my home made probe which is a 6" screw driver round
Shank, ground to a dull point with a golf ball for a handle. Works great. I Also have a couple of other probes with flat ends and
One that is angled made from an old brake tool.

To sum things up, I dug 26 quarters, 16 dimes, 6 nickels and 37 penny's along with 12 pull tabs some can slaw and a few pieces of
Folded aluminum foil. Mind you I'm digging a lot of junk that I will not try to recover as I learn the VDI and tones as time goes on.

My next venture is putting on the OOR ( out of round) coil on. Slowing my sweep speed and picking through the trash. After that I will
Put the big coil on and start searching the soccer fields and baseball outfields.

All in all it was a good day with my new FC. Learned a few little tid bits, found some treasure enjoyed a beautiful day with a friend.
Does not get much better than that.

Great report sparkster! Keep the reports coming!

Bubba direct, if there is a gem and mineral shop or lapidary shop close by, take your blue what ever it is and ask them about it. You could also try you local junior college or colleges
Geology folks to look at it.

Good day of hunting.

I will be out tomorrow morning looking for treasures. GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

SPARKSTER

'Thanks' for mentioning the settings and coil used as I appreciate knowing that info.

I think I might head down to the [size=small](freshwater)[/size] beach tomorrow and put the bigger coil on just to see how it handles the area, and how well my achy, tired, worn-out body handles the FORS CoRe and 13.[size=small]3[/size]X15.[size=small]5[/size]. After reading this post I decided that was the coil I need to push the limits on tomorrow.

Best of success to you on your next foray afield.

Monte