Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deep Tech Gold on deep silver

jimmyzr1

How well does the Deep Tech Gold do on deep silver compared to Minelab or Deus? With and without iron around it. Maybe we can see a video on that. I am interested in using this in old parks for silver and soccer fields and tot lots for gold.

I am leaning toward buying the DT Gold but could buy a used Deus for around $1400. I also own a Minelab Explorer which I plan on selling.

Hi Jimmy. I've got a Deus and a Vista Gold, and I am ready to put my deus on auction. My Vista finds Very easy silver coins, where my Deus gave up. If you know the settings on a Deus! Sens. 95, reaction 1, Disc. 2,0 and 12 khz... and that is close to max.,(tryed both Deus coils) and that wasn't enough to reach the deept the Vista Gold could.
Ps. Later this year Deeptech will come with a larger eliptical coil to the Gold. That new coil will properly go deeper.
Many Deus owners would Be surprised what the Vista Gold can find, I was.
Henrik

I'm close to pulling the trigger now. I'm going to wait until after te 1st Thursday of April is when our club meeting is. I was told someone there has a Deep Tech and a few have the XP Deus. The price is right on the Gold, even though I can get a very good deal on a Deus. I want to talk to the Deep Tech owner. I like how fast the Gold responds, and how easy it seems to pick good targets near iron trash. I'm hoping it gets the deep silver at some of our old parks here in Sacramento. I would also give it a try prospecting old tailing piles.

Jimmy,

The only question I would ask is, if you want to hunt for silver in old parks, why would you use the VG over the Explorer ? In reading about the VG, I know it has incredible recovery speed and hot on low conductors, but it can't discriminate past foil, and in parks, silver hunting, you are going to be digging A LOT of can slaw, tabs, etc. with it. I would think if you used your Explorer and a small coil like the Sunray X-5 or a small SEF, it would be a better unit for silver coin hunting over the VG.

I am not saying the VG will not be a good silver hunter, but park hunting for old silver in my mind means using more discrimination and having a good target ID unit to allow you to cherry pick without going crazy digging lots of trash. Unless of course you will be also looking for gold rings in those parks. Me, I can't do that any more. I make my mind up I am going for silver and copper in a lot of those spots and leave the trash ( and possible gold rings) since that is my mind set going in.

As far as tot lot and soccer field gold hunting, that type of hunting requires digging a lot more trash, and the VG would be a better fit.

I am thinking about the VG in the future, but would like a small coil option before considering. Once that thing gets outfitted with a small coil, for me it may be one of the top of the line tot lot gold jewelry hunters on the market. I can't go into those tot lots with big coils.