Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

deep

ktc

How does the x-terra 50 compare depth wise with the advantage on a clad quarter in a test garden also air test.

I have silver coins in my test garden at 6,8, and 10" depth.
There is no difference between the 2 detectors as both will sound off on the deepest quarter with about the same signal strenght thru the headphones. Of course that is with the Advantage set-up with the 10" coil and the X-Terra with it's 9" coil.
The coin garden is in the cleanest possible area of some very nasty hot dirt in my yard. Air test came out even across the board.
When it came to dimes and nickels in the test garden the X-terra had the edge on nickels by an inch and the dimes were about even although the digital signal sounds better on the X-Terra ( to me anyway).
This test was done with the GB set just a tad bit positive on both detectors, they seem to give better results in this bad dirt that way.
For the record, this coin garden is only 7 months old.
H.H.
Mike