Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deepstar Report

A

Anonymous

I just got my new Deepstar and will share some info that is unbiased. I took the detctor to the beach that gets a lot of hunting. It is a good beach, but alot of Minelabs and CZ's, including mine. Well I started out on the hard pan and found several dimes anywhere from 5 to 8 inches nothing special. But I did notice that I got the double beep on most of them(nails?). The surf must of had them on thier side in the sand. Then I noticed a Minelab Sov with a WOT working down the beach. He came up and asked what I had and I just said a PI. I told him they were deeper and I don't think he believed me. He said if you get a hit let me see if I can detect it. I started out and got a loud hit and marked an X in the sand for him to detect. He had no problem with it.It was a quarter at about 9 inches. Then after digging some more shallow clads I got the faint tone. I called him over and he tried every setting on the machine, but could not pick it up.
Well it ended up being a CZ engagement ring. I was excited at first, but soon knew it was not real. But it was 17 inches deep. I went on and hunted another two hours picking up clad and toe rings before the nice find of the day. I got another faint tone and I dug and dug and almost gave up on it. The water kept filling my hole for me. I finally got it out and it was a thin Bulova watch with a nice diamond on the top of the face. It had to be almost two feet down. I also found a fresh 10k class ring 4 inches. The total for a good day $4.84 in clad,Bulova watch, class ring, 17 pop tabs and 3 bobby pins. Not a bad day. I am impressed with how deep and the coverage of the eleven inch coil. The eleven inch coil is a little to sensitive and hard to work in the deep surf. So I do recommend the 8 inch coil for water. I would rate this detector a 9, only because they have not made the perfect detector yet and I will save the 10 for it. Well I better go, can't wait for this weekend. Happy Hunting Kurt

Kurt,
I'm glad your happy with it.
I said you would need a shovel, they do go deep.
There's nothing like a high powered PI for doing the beach. One needs a machine that can get past all the rest of the hunters on the beach, one that will get below them.
Mr. Bill

Kurt, good report. I too have a Deepstar that I've had for about a month now, but due to just finishing a new house and moving in I haven't been out too much with it. I have been out about 5 times or so, and actually got out this morning again finally.
I'm impressed at the depth as well. I gave up two targets today that were too deep to get to. After spending 10 or so minutes digging, having the hole cave in on top of itself, etc. I gave up.
I'm finding lots of clad, but what's nice is that I'm also finding some gold and silver. I notice that the Deepstar is very sensitive to small stuff and that's what my Soveriegn/WOT misses.
I have also compared the Deepstar to my Sovereign/WOT and also Surfmaster as far as depth on various targets, without fail there's no comparison.
I know this sounds like an advertisement, but what can I say, this thing works...
See you on the beach...
-Jeff

Hi James,
Wild Orange Thing. Just a reference to the unusual colour of the aftermarket coil.
Eric.

Yes, it's an aftermarket coil for the Minelab Sovereign. The coil is a 15" double-D coil. It works quite well, much larger coverage area, some depth gain, etc.
-J

It has two meanings
1. Wild Orange Thing
2. Wonderfull Orange Thing
It is a 15 Inch Double D Coil made by Coiltech, the original coil manufactures for the Minelab Metal Detectors.
They are a bit on the pricy side coming in around $199.00 on sale and advertised at $349.00 regular price but I have yet to hear from anyone who paid $349.00 for one.
They cover a wider range due to their size and are really good for Beaches. The downfall is the increased weight.
They are suppose to be more sensitive and go a bit deeper in depth too.
Hope this helps you understand
John(Fla)